Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re loading

re loading

do you need to have anything on your licence for re loading.cheers

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    No, but to buy expanding ammo, you need to have it on your FAC, to buy FMJ you don't.

But once FMJ are assembled, they count towards your quantity held allowance. Expanding bullets are already counted towards your holding allowance.

You are not licenced for any other component part required for reloading.

So to summarise-

You can buy FMJ Bullets and everything to assemble a "round" with out being in posession of a FAC. But are not permitted to assemble the components
    You have to have Expanding Ammunition on your FAC to buy an Expanding Bullet or be in posession.

Hope that helps

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    No, but to buy expanding ammo, you need to have it on your FAC, to buy FMJ you don't.

But once FMJ are assembled, they count towards your quantity held allowance. Expanding bullets are already counted towards your holding allowance.

You are not licenced for any other component part required for reloading.

So to summarise-

You can buy FMJ Bullets and everything to assemble a "round" with out being in posession of a FAC. But are not permitted to assemble the components
    You have to have Expanding Ammunition on your FAC to buy an Expanding Bullet or be in posession.

Hope that helps

TJ
    Yep but you now need to show your fac to buy primers although there is no transaction recorded

Increase ammo allowance.
    Before I started I had hold 120 buy 100, now I have hold 400 buy 300.

I also keep a diary of what I have reloaded so I can show the FEO or Firearm dept what I have uesd etc

I found I could have done with upping my allowance - I can only buy one box of expanding at a time then I have to use most of them before I can start experimenting with another type of bullet

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    I found I could have done with upping my allowance - I can only buy one box of expanding at a time then I have to use most of them before I can start experimenting with another type of bullet
    Request an increase if you are reloading. The ACPO guidelines specifically recognise the needs of a reloader.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    Request an increase if you are reloading. The ACPO guidelines specifically recognise the needs of a reloader.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by roebuck223 View Post
    no
    No what?