Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ear protection - wich Peltor?

ear protection - wich Peltor?

I now have the small cheap type of Peltor. On the shooting range I notice it clould be better. Would the Peltor Sport Tac be sufficient to shoot rifles both oudoor and indoor? Would the Peltor Optime III be more protective?

I find the Peltor to be first class you can even get an adaptor to plug a two way radio to them.

I use my Peltor sport tac for all my hunting and range work. Shooting the running moose range the fireing point is in a hut with a open hatch on the front. Ive used my Sport tac for 5+ years now and am very pleased with them.

Sportac works for me, so far any way.
    Only outdoors, but more than happy.

I think I own the Optime I . On Friday I visited a range where a man was firing a 308 with muzzlebrake. I was standing behind him and my eardefenders certainly where not strong enough. So I noticed I needed some better ones. I already have tinnitus and don't want to make it worse.

Another +1 for the Sportac's , i have had a pair for about 4 years (and i suffer from intermittent tinitus ) and even standing / shooting from the hut on the BSRC range at the running deer they are fully effective , well worth the money.

Be sure to check if they fit your head.
    The sport-tac I have does not fit my head, they are to shallow and lets noise in behind my ear.
    I have no issue with the electronics though.

Rasmus

Just to throw another into the mix... having owned both brands, MSA Sorodin are much better buil out of much better materials, are much less bulky, much more comfy and the sound quality and electronics are superb! If you didn't know you had them on, you wouldn't know you had them on (if you know what I mean!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Just to throw another into the mix... having owned both brands, MSA Sorodin are much better buil out of much better materials, are much less bulky, much more comfy and the sound quality and electronics are superb! If you didn't know you had them on, you wouldn't know you had them on (if you know what I mean!)
    A new brand to me. They aren't cheap. Which of the following do you recommend?

Amazon.co.uk: msa sordin supreme pro x
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.