ear protection - wich Peltor?

​The OP want's electronic

I don't know what he wants but he hasn't written anything about electronics.

On the shooting range I try to use plugs (just the regular disposable type) and muffs. My muffs are SportTac which I'm quite pleased with after re-routing the cord etc.

I've tried Sordin and found them the same; for a short session you don't notice the muffs but if you have to keep them on all day (referee at competition etc.) they will annoy you a lot.

While hunting I try to get along w/o muffs. They mess your directional hearing and situational awareness. When you put them on you don't think about it but after a few hours and taking them off, you're always amazed when regaining the normal hearing.

Finally, please note that ear muffs are produced for different reasons. Muffs made for eg. industrial noise won't probably be optimal for gunshots, and some models (like Peltor Optime I) are not made for maximum protection anyway.

Another vote for the MSA Sordin Pro X - I have hearing damage from my time in the forces/police and have tried expensive electronic inner ear protection and most other brands - I've settled on the MSA's they are brilliant - you only have one lot of hearing - protect it now.

​It is only money.

Back