Thread: Hind Stalking in England

Hind Stalking in England

I'm hoping to book 2 or 3 days hind stalking in November/December. As I live in the South West, I'll looking at a 7 or 8 hour drive if I go up to Scotland. The alternative is something a bit closer to home. The only place I've found in England so far is Lowther in the Lake District; any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
    Cheers, Moonraker.

I've stalked a few times with Gregor at Lowther. Very amusing character. Bit pricey though when you consider what it costs in Scotland. Also, don't stay at the Queens head - The PunchBowl is much nicer!

Are you looking for "open hill" or woodland reds.

Thanks for the responses, but this was actually a post from last year. I booked 3 days with Jonathan Standing, who has a mix of woodland and open hill. He is a very experienced stalker, but bad weather meant we could only get upon to the hill on the final afternoon. I would highly recommend him if anyone is looking to stalk in the Lake District. I can pass on his number by pm if anyone would like to speak him. He's also a good taxidermist!
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 24-08-2010 at 19:47.

hi,

great idea stalking in england..
    shame many more dont do it

f.

To many

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    hi,

f.
    I was told once there are deer down in englandshire

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    hi,

f.
    Yes perhaps we should and keep our money down here too. Then of course we could always re-populate Scotland? send the Scots who came down South back north again? Yeah first place to start would be Westminster. Kick all the damned scots troublemakers there back North for a start after all tehy have a rather nice expensive new parliment up there now so they can go mess that one up. They sure as hell made a mess down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Yes perhaps we should and keep our money down here too. Then of course we could always re-populate Scotland? send the Scots who came down South back north again? Yeah first place to start would be Westminster. Kick all the damned scots troublemakers there back North for a start after all tehy have a rather nice expensive new parliment up there now so they can go mess that one up. They sure as hell made a mess down here!
    A touch sensitive Kev, you should not bite you know you just play into his hands. Anyway under the "send them home" rule I, and I am sure many others, would have to come back South to England. Oh nearly forgot Frank would have to go West to Ireland

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

May John,, just at the wrong time, slight relapse the infection is not making me feel to well nor too friendly. last day of the antibiotics so lets hope once they strat clearing. I'll feel better all round.

On a trip to Scotland a few years back, we encountered some loud mouth Scottish Nationalists who took exception to the George cross on the back of the Citreon. Their rantings upset dad who was not brilliant then due to the strokes. That was at Pitlochery (spelling).