Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minox v Swarovski

Minox v Swarovski

Had the misfortune to drop my Swaro Bright 8.5 x 42 bins last week! They have now gone on holiday to Austria for repair!
    Can't be without a good set so I thought I'd buy a spare pair to tide me over until the Swaro's return. Read lots of reviews and eventually went for a set of Minox BV 8.5x42's which are the mid-range version and cost 149.99 from Amazon. Took them out today and was completely amazed at their quality and performance! Considering they cost 10% of my Swaros, I reckon they are pretty much as good! If you are looking for some good binos on a budget, then look no further! I am going to look at the higher price ones next and may well sell the swaros! Very impressed!
    MS

I liked the glass on the Minox, but found the ergonomics awfull.

Try Opticron DBA`s see how much they impress you for less than 600

I have the minox , my old mentor has swarovski , after mentoring me twice he bought some minox .

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    I have the minox , my old mentor has swarovski , after mentoring me twice he bought some minox .
    my son has minox in daylight ok but come gray dark give me swarovski every time

I have a pair of minox & they are very very good optically and they are solidly built - My only gripe with them is that the focus adjustment is too coarse i.e. the slightest tweak changes the focus a lot when compared to all my other bins.
    This makes target acquisition that bit slower than ideal.
    When using them I find I'm twiddling them much more than I like and I end up concentrating on the bins rather than what I'm looking at.
    Great value for money though!!

Ian

Yep, they are a lot of bino for the price, you cant go wrong with them.
    Cheers
    Richard

I had a set of minox till i left them on the roof of my van and drove home I was talked into buying a pair of zeiss but i cannot find any difference at all to be honest, i would say to anyone coming into the sport who cannot afford expensive gear to buy minox i grassed alot of deer from using minox and never had any bother at last light. i can however agree with the adjustment is a little course but you do get used to it ,atb wayne
    ps i also used the hg version and the coating on those seemed to make the colours pop and they were very nice indeed

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    MS, I am in the same position as you, my 10x42's were not focussing together, I picked a set of Minox up off here.

I don't intend to sell them on once my Swarovski are returned, for I don't think you can beat the quality.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Had them out at first light this morning and compared them to my old Leica Trinovids (which my mate now has). They weren't quite as good, but not much in it at all. My Swaro's were also slightly better again when we compared Trinovids against Swaro Brights so there will be some difference which will be interesting to compare when I get them back. I still managed to spot a cheeky fox at a very good distance with the Minox though which didn't look much clearer through my 2-12 x 50 Z6i scope either! I certainly couldn't see it at all with the naked eye. He went over nicely, as did a Roe Doe shortly after!
    I'm still very impressed with Minox - excellent value for money! For 150, I wouldn't have believed such quality bins existed.
    MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Had the misfortune to drop my Swaro Bright 8.5 x 42 bins last week! They have now gone on holiday to Austria for repair!
    Can't be without a good set so I thought I'd buy a spare pair to tide me over until the Swaro's return. Read lots of reviews and eventually went for a set of Minox BV 8.5x42's which are the mid-range version and cost 149.99 from Amazon. Took them out today and was completely amazed at their quality and performance! Considering they cost 10% of my Swaros, I reckon they are pretty much as good! If you are looking for some good binos on a budget, then look no further! I am going to look at the higher price ones next and may well sell the swaros! Very impressed!
    MS
    I have the same ones for my stalking, great binos!