Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kinetic hammer problems

kinetic hammer problems

Hello gents.

I have a load of 270 rounds to take apart. ( Previouse post) the problem is after 3 with the kinetic hammer my tennis elbow is excruciating. Also with the soft points they are damaged as they hit the inside of the hammer. Thats an asside the elbow is the real problem. I have not looked and thought I would narrow down my search by asking you all, is there anything else that you would recommend to do the job.

Thanks.
    Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Re:- the elbow .................... use the other hand/arm.

Damage to the tips ......................................... if it really worries you put a pad of tissue/kitchen towel in the bottom of the screw on cap to protect the bullets tip.

The rcbs hammer has a foam insert to break the bullets fall, I have discovered that striking the hammer on a stone surface (with a cloth over it) works best, what may take one or two blows on stone takes 8-10 on wood. I use the slate flags in our porch with a thin doormat on....

I can lend you a Collet puller if you wanted to borrow one to use in your press.

Im not sure if I have a .277 collet for it so you may have you buy one they are only about 10

Pm me if you wish to borrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    The rcbs hammer has a foam insert to break the bullets fall, I have discovered that striking the hammer on a stone surface (with a cloth over it) works best, what may take one or two blows on stone takes 8-10 on wood. I use the slate flags in our porch with a thin doormat on....
    Perhaps mine did when it was new. However when starting out I bought a used one that had no such insert. I am still using the same one several decades later.

Established Poster
    Sounds like a collect puller would be your best bet.

If you do put a bit of foam in the bottom of the hammer, just be sure it isn't holding/trapping any powder - or can accidentally mix up different powders when reclaiming it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Re:- the elbow .................... use the other hand/arm.

Damage to the tips ......................................... if it really worries you put a pad of tissue/kitchen towel in the bottom of the screw on cap to protect the bullets tip.
    Its in both. I can't even play darts when I get to 15 darts its painful
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    I can lend you a Collet puller if you wanted to borrow one to use in your press.

Im not sure if I have a .277 collet for it so you may have you buy one they are only about 10

Pm me if you wish to borrow it.
    That is very kind but I may be wise to purchase one. Can you let me know a make and supplier pleas.

Mark

http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...E-1414141BD01B

and then you have to buy the collets you require too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...E-1414141BD01B

and then you have to buy the collets you require too
    Many thanks

Mark