Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ultrasound for case cleaning

ultrasound for case cleaning

does any one use ultrsonic cleaners for thier cases, if so what sort of cleaners do you use?

are the small kitchen or jewellry inits good enough?

thanks steve

ultrasound

I use a small ultra sound machine, takes abouyt 25 cases, I use a two stage process- 1- 25% white vinegar; 2- a few drops of washing up liquid both for 4 minutes then rinse in fresh water stand and allow to dry.

i use one but it depends how clean you want them. The bonus is they clean inside the case. Ive started using a tumbler after US cleaning to speed up drying and buff them nice and shiny. (If it looks good it'll shoot good)

I use one. Dump them in with a solution of water and a couple of table spoons of white vinegar. 2 mins later and a flush under the tap and left on the worktop to dry.

Your cases won't be shiny but they'll certainly be clean!

I also chuck in my bolts fully assembled - you wouldn't believe the crud that it dislodges.

I use one, with 1 tablespoon citric acid crystals dissolved in 1.5 litres warm water, with a few drops of Washing up liquid. 25 at a time as it is a small unit but suitable for the quantities of brass that I do at one sitting.

The cases come out clean inside and out, and then when dry I tumble for about 30 mins to make 'em shiny.

Citric acid crystals are available easily from Boots or Home Brew shops. A little goes a long way.

ATB

Word of warning guy's. If you happen to know of someone in industry that has access to a sonic cleaner make sure you know what liquid mix they use. Many industrial cleaners uses caustic soda. Problem being it will literally eat any metal that is non-ferrous. Non-ferrous metals include any Aluminum alloys (SAK mods are made from Al), Brass, Copper, Zinc, Lead, Tin. And not to mention produce some pretty nasty gasses. Altho I used the one at work on my bolt.....AWESOME! Removes rust as well. Fine to use on all steels or Iron alloys.

Has anybody tried one of these? It looks pretty small (750ml) so it will be limited to just a few at a time presumably - going to have a look this afternoon but any prior experience would be appreciated.
    Cheers,

http://www.maplin.co.uk/ultra-7000-u...cleaner-223108

The one you are looking at has 750ml capacity mine has 600ml and cleans 25 cases at a time - easy to work out now.
    TonyC

Perfect cheers - presumably you are happy with the results?
    Last edited by TASR12; 06-05-2011 at 08:36.

Quote Originally Posted by TASR12 View Post
    Has anybody tried one of these? It looks pretty small (750ml) so it will be limited to just a few at a time presumably - going to have a look this afternoon but any prior experience would be appreciated.
    Cheers,

http://www.maplin.co.uk/ultra-7000-u...cleaner-223108
    I picked one of these up from Maplin's just the other day, was expecting it to be a little bit bigger but I can get 40 6.5x55 cases in at a squeeze also bought their sea cleaner as it was on offer at the time, this is the first time I've used this style of cleaner so cannot compere but found them to be perfectly clean, then put them through the tumbler which I also got on offer