Recomend me a good flashlight (mag lite kinda thing )

Get looked on flea bay plenty to choose from and cheap any 1000 lumen led should do i have a fandyfire

For anyone with an old Maglite torch if you wanna bring a new lease of life to it then buy a replacement led bulb for it about £10 !

a 1 watt cree headlamp is the way to go,
leaves both hands free. TKmax had some reduced
last week. The zoomable ultrafires/CREE that Mongoose recommends are v good
light to carry,very bright, will dazzle poachers, and will zoom out to 100yards

Lenser P7

Values for money? Tescos do some dead cheap LED 1W jobs that take 2xAAs and work well (we've two) and make my 1980s 6 cell maglite look crap except for close contact work.

Fenix TK 35 small enough but big enough to go lamping, 820 lumens with a 350 yd beam.
Cost about £80 off of E Bay complete with batteries, charger, lanyard and holster.

Fenix torches arenae cheap, but they're fantastic. Bought a similar sized cheapo off Fleabay, which was good for the price, but the beam and power couldn't touch the Fenix.

I guess it depends what you want it for. If you want a pinpoint spot to map with, Nightmaster 800, without question. If you want a floodlight type torch, then as has been said the Ultrafire's are hard to beat for the money from the flea. If you want to go somewhere in the middle get a Tiablo A9, and buy the aspherical lens head for a focussed beam when you need it.
I shoot with a NM800 on my rifle, and I have a Tiablo A9 in my map pocket for searching out closer areas/finding bodies/ checking we're not about to drive in a bog...!! The Tiablo has a half and full power on it too, which is useful if you're trying not to blow your night vision. The NM800 has a H,M,L setting on the white LED only.

I got a led lensor p7, awesome little torch, it was £60 with the scope mount and two switches. Small, well constructed and light and throws a beam a good 150 yards:)

Any of the LED torches on ebay that use CREE led's are scary bright, just don't do what i did whil sitting up a high seat start wondering how bright your new torch is so preceed to flick it on straight into your eyes, it makes climbing down fun with that blue square in the minndle of your vision.

Back