Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recomend me a bore cleaner ?

Recomend me a bore cleaner ?

What bore cleaner is best and where do you get it ? Cheers ,

I use Glen... He's really good and works for coffee and biscuits.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I personally think Wipeout Tactical advantage is the best you can get. Speak to HME on this site he supplise it at a very reasonable price

If you want to shift copper I use KG-12 and it's the best I've found. Don't get it on your hands as it's a bit unpleasant. I use rubber gloves if really going for it with a badly fouled bore otherwise just wash it off you fingers.

Nitro fouling...almost anything. I use "Ed's Red" (ATF, Kerosene and White Spirit basically...) but 009 works ok as does Hoppes.

KG 12 certainly removes copper but doesn't do much to carbon, it also etches steel which can leave the bore slightly 'rough' necessitating a few 'smoothing rounds' - wipeout tactical advantage doesn't.
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    KG 12 certainly removes copper but doesn't do much to carbon, it also etches steel which can leave the bore slightly 'rough' necessitating a few 'smoothing rounds' - wipeout tactical advantage doesn't.
    Is this bad then? because it's what i use?

Montana Extreme from Midway. I have used nothing better but it stinks a bit. Their Copper Killer is excellent on heavy Copper fouling but stinks a bit more.

Yorkie.

Not necessarily, it removes copper which is what it's meant to do and that's a good thing it's just how it removes copper that "could" lead to the need for a smoothing round. The bore polish is recommended to smooth out this 'etching' which is just another process. Before I started using wipeout I used KG products but had too much inconsistency, but as they say YMMV. Wipeout is a one stop product, removing powder fouling, carbon and copper without changing the point of impact significantly enough to worry about.
    Come and visit us for a Blaser or Mauser fitting, get the right rifle for your needs.

Wipeout - there ought to be some sort of automatic post thingy to register a preference whenever this question comes up yet again

Knots