Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not happy !!!

Not happy !!!

Had a call from an irate farmer, moaning about foxes. 'Great' is the first thought ?
    The problem being, there was a metal skip (as in for scrap, not made of) in the yard, and the metal merchants rang him moaning about two fox carcasses in with the scrap, now I know for definate, I didn't put them there, and nobody else shoots near that farm, but the few I chucked into the nettles near the skip (as instructed by the farmer) aren't there anymore, just wondering who's likely to have put them in the skip, (get a few dog walkers go past) cos I've just lost that farm now by the looks of it.
    Any suggestions for when I go grovelling ?

​Pete

Just tell him the truth - what else can you tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Had a call from an irate farmer, moaning about foxes. 'Great' is the first thought ?
    The problem being, there was a metal skip (as in for scrap, not made of) in the yard, and the metal merchants rang him moaning about two fox carcasses in with the scrap, now I know for definate, I didn't put them there, and nobody else shoots near that farm, but the few I chucked into the nettles near the skip (as instructed by the farmer) aren't there anymore, just wondering who's likely to have put them in the skip, (get a few dog walkers go past) cos I've just lost that farm now by the looks of it.
    Any suggestions for when I go grovelling ?

​Pete
    Somebody trying to stitch you up and take your shooting? Who would want to pick a smelly old fox up though most unusual indeed....

Well they are full of LEAD. Just be honest Pete and hope for the best.

The scappies aren't shooters are they
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Honesty the best policy don't matter how stupid it sounds, he will appreciate that rather than a load of old row locks that smell of dead fox

Just tell him the truth. I don't know why he is so worked up about it to be honest, a couple of foxes in the scrap metal bin is hardly the end of the world is it.... he could tell them he was hoping to weigh in the lead!

Seriously though, why on earth does he think you would you have flung them in there?

If I were you I would suggest that it's likely that somebody else had flung them in there thinking that they were being helpful.

I'd personally just be honest and say it wasn't you and you're not sure who would Put them in there, sure hope it goes ok mate

Are the scrap merchants reducing his rate because its now a 'mixed' skip ,has the driver put them in knowing that his firm will profit from the mixed skip...just a thought