Thread: ruger no 1 trigger

ruger no 1 trigger

anyone got any ideas how i can reduce trigger pull on my hornet? theres no creep but its pretty heavy! also has anyone free floated one of these, how hard is it to do? cheers james

Quote Originally Posted by HSB View Post
    anyone got any ideas how i can reduce trigger pull on my hornet? theres no creep but its pretty heavy! also has anyone free floated one of these, how hard is it to do? cheers james
    There should be a screw for adjusting the pull weight. I just replaced mine with a Canjar Single Set Trigger. Floating these rifles (accurizing, actually) has been the subject of volumes of articles in pulp and electronic media. As beautiful as they are, they are often problematic with regards to accuracy due to Ruger's hold down system. If the rifle shoots well now, the usual consensus is to leave it alone. If not try a rubber washer under the foreend where the screw contacts the hanger.~Muir

hello muir, there are 2 small allen screws on the top of the trigger blade? accuracy is pretty good [1/2"-100yd]if i can keep still!

Quote Originally Posted by HSB View Post
    hello muir, there are 2 small allen screws on the top of the trigger blade? accuracy is pretty good [1/2"-100yd]if i can keep still!
    I've forgotten which screw is which but go to Ruger's site and look at the manual.
    Half inch: Why float??~Muir

broken leg so stuck indoors and had enough of reloading just thought it may pass some time!

ruger dont seem to want you to know anything about adjustment

i have a friend who has a ruger no.1B .204 ruger who also wants to lighten his trigger. he's adjusted it as much as he can and it's still a bit heavy from what he's used to. ive trawled the internet and there are kits available (set triggers and adjustable) anybody know where he could get his hands on one in the uk?

Member Login

The JARD Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade is an easy way to improve your trigger pull. This trigger upgrade gives you adjustability that the original factory trigger does not allow.
    Order your trigger below by selecting the trigger pull weight you want.

Order Your Trigger Here!Click on Buy Now to start your secure ordering process.Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade.Select pull weight*
    Part # Description Price
    1631 1 lb. Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade $120.00* Buy Now
    1632 1-3/4 lb. Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade $120.00* Buy Now
    1633 2-1/2 lb. Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade $120.00* Buy Now
    1634 3-1/2 lb. Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade $120.00* Buy Now
    1635 4-1/2 lb. Ruger No.1 Trigger Upgrade $120.00* Buy Now
    *Plus $5.45 For Shipping & Handling
    ** International orders will have a $15.00 charge added to order and only ship one trigger at a time.**

*Pull weights are approximate, depending upon sear engagement and lubrication.Ruger No.1 Manual

Contact Information

JARD, Inc.

3149 Nest Ave.
    Sheldon, IA 51201
    Ph: 712-324-7409
    Email Us

Not used them but they do ship overseas.
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

cheers sinbad,any one know anything about these? ive never come across them before!