Instead of Butler Creek scope covers......?

Wildboar1973

Hi everybody!
I dont want to start to complain about the quality and short term lasting scope covers from Butler Creek... I just would like to ask the forum for real alternatives?
What is about the Leupold flip up covers, do they fit on other scopes as Zeiss or Swarovski?
Any other good ones found?
Where, which price?
Thanks for all kind of feedback....

Cheers

Michael

The butler creeks are pure *****, im after buying the hawke ones ,they are cheap but they are far stronger than the butler creeks and they have a a fair bit of give in them as they are rubber, have them on the s&b, kaps and the sidewinder now.

The butler creeks are pure *****, im after buying the hawke ones ,they are cheap but they are far stronger than the butler creeks and they have a a fair bit of give in them as they are rubber, have them on the s&b, kaps and the sidewinder now.

Thats the ones I've got think they were only £7 if I remember correctly much stronger than the BC ones as you say

The new BC flip-ups are too brittle. I now use Butler Creek bikini covers. I cut the straps in half and cable tie them on to the scope front and back.
​SL

Bushwackers are fine. For info Leupold scopes have same thread as Meopta, and I have a Leupold 4" sunshade fitted to my 7x50 meopta.

D

I have the swarovski scope covers as i was fed up is snapping ***** buttler creeks how the firm continues to be in business i cant understand, that said the swarovski covers were expensive, however, i have two 3-12x50 variable scopes they only make covers for the objective lens and NOT the eyepiece side which i find vary fustrating, i have taken the matter up with swarovski in the way of emails but no reply. It seems if you havent got one of their current models you are simply left on the shelf. Perhaps a few of us should keep onto these big manufactures to make sure that they listen to their customers if they have a current model or not. What do you guys think?
ajr

I have the swarovski scope covers as i was fed up is snapping ***** buttler creeks how the firm continues to be in business i cant understand, that said the swarovski covers were expensive, however, i have two 3-12x50 variable scopes they only make covers for the objective lens and NOT the eyepiece side which i find vary fustrating, i have taken the matter up with swarovski in the way of emails but no reply. It seems if you havent got one of their current models you are simply left on the shelf. Perhaps a few of us should keep onto these big manufactures to make sure that they listen to their customers if they have a current model or not. What do you guys think?
ajr
Swarovski do do a eye piece cover the same as the objective ones......is yours an older model of scope that it doesn't fit for some reason? I'm by no means an expert on this and prepared to be corrected, but they are for sale on bushwears website, they just have one size fits all for the eye piece and variable sizes for objective.....

Was about to order a pair of new scope covers - and having just read this thread- you helped me make my mind up.

Hawke Flip Ups on order. :thumb:

I am personally giving butler creek no more money, they now seem to produce the crappest most brittle plastic imaginable. I have recently just been using the cover that came with my S&B although I like the look of the hawke ones to try. Anyone know what sizes you need to fit on an 8x56 S&B?

I have emailed Butler Creek (bushnell) with the negative feedback on here, including my own, watch this space but don't hold your breath!
Cheers
Richard

I am personally giving butler creek no more money, they now seem to produce the crappest most brittle plastic imaginable. I have recently just been using the cover that came with my S&B although I like the look of the hawke ones to try. Anyone know what sizes you need to fit on an 8x56 S&B?

Look on the Hawke website - they do a range of sizes to suit both ends.

Swarovski do do a eye piece cover the same as the objective ones......is yours an older model of scope that it doesn't fit for some reason? I'm by no means an expert on this and prepared to be corrected, but they are for sale on bushwears website, they just have one size fits all for the eye piece and variable sizes for objective.....
my scopes are 3-12 x 50pv about 8 year old and I can't have the swarovski cover to fit the eye end swarovski don't or won't consider making them

i now use a rubber glove like used for gralloching just a quick to remove and doesnt break

Back