First photos from my London garden Bushnell Trail camera

Pine Marten

This weekend, a friend from the US brought me the Bushnell Trailcam that I'd ordered from Amazon in the US, and I set it up last night. I'd made a bit of a mess of the settings and set it to take time-lapse photos every minute or so in addition to ones triggered by the heat sensor, so I had to wade through something like 5000 photos of my back garden to find anything interesting. Still, here's what paid us a visit last night.

View attachment 26076View attachment 26077View attachment 26078

I've now been back through the manual and repositioned it higher up with a better view, so we'll see if it gives better results tomorrow. What I'm hoping for is something totally unexpected like a lynx or a muntjac or something. Not likely, but it would be cool!

Hey that's excellent.
i would be more likely to catch a couple of toe rags trying to pinch the camera if I set one up in my back garden.

hopefully you will post your next good shots..

1st fox for the new rifle there ?:stir:
Thats the beauty of the trail cams you just never know what or for that matter who you are going to get pics of.
It amazes me how people don't notice them, even some "cluey" people. I will probably get one of mine nicked now.

1st fox for the new rifle there ?:stir:

Do you see the floodlight on the right beyond the fox? That's a school playground. So I'm afraid that this fox is going to carry on cruising round my garden quite happily unmolested. Besides, it could be useful if it developed a taste for rats...

Pine Martin,
It was only a joke, is it balanced on a fence or is there a shed or something for it to stand on ?

Last time I had one in my back garden it got the good news.

Nick your garden is 10s of acres though mate so i would have expected nothing less. :p

PM if your in london it more than likely turns its nose up at rats probably prefers meat feast pizza and KFC like our foxes.

Nick your garden is 10s of acres though mate so i would have expected nothing less. :p.

Steyr,
It was seriously close mate, as in I nearly claimed the conservatory too !
Don't forget if you are this way and fancy a cuppa. I know how hard you guys work. :stir:

from the 2/4/13 im at the kennels for twelve weeks with the new boy ill pop round after work show you him. Hows your rape doin?

Cr*p mate, redrilling 100acres with spring rape.
Are you upgrading to a Mali ?
Look forward to catching up.

Next time remember to call “ready” when the rifle is at the hip and Old Charlie is sure to scoot across just as accommodatingly as the BSRC running boar target. “Slow runs” of course!

Cheers

K

Maybe a shotgun would be more appropriate in this setting. I repositioned the camera yesterday and removed the time-lapse function, so now it should only be taking pictures when something actually happens. Hopefully I'll have some new photos to post tonight.

Back