Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boar condition on FAC

Boar condition on FAC

Those that have "boar" on their FAC,
    do you have boar on your land (and if so did you have to prove it?)
    or
    ​did you have to prove you had actually paid for a "stalk" before getting a variation?

hi feller
    i booked a boar shoot with ian farington on here can't wait . i had to have a boar shoot booked and a reply letter as booked before essex force would allow this to be put as a con on my cert

I sent in a variation and on the covering letter said I had booked to go shooting boar [which I had] so please grant me a 9.3X74R and will you also add boar onto the conditions of my .308.

They took my word. No paperwork sent etc.

If they can't trust me to tell them the truth on such things then they probably shouldn't let me wander the countryside with firearms.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I asked fettes licensing twice about this, the first time I was told I needed to have it added on (at no cost) and a letter to prove I was planning on shooting one.

​The second time I was told my fac covered everything up to the size of a red stag and, as a boar was smaller, i didnt need a variation!

how true ? but sadly not always the way in every force

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I sent in a variation and on the covering letter said I had booked to go shooting boar [which I had] so please grant me a 9.3X74R and will you also add boar onto the conditions of my .308.

If they can't trust me to tell them the truth on such things then they probably shouldn't let me wander the countryside with firearms.

I had to prove I'd joined a syndicate that had discounted boar shooting... having said this they later removed "Boar" and replaced it with AOLQ... According to BASC I'm still covered for Boar but I've emailed my firearms dept to check!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Covered under AOLQ with Thames Valley Police...

Worth pushing your FEO to provide the same - would save all this b*ll ache

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youíve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

essex still will not give aolq you have to make a case and then submit it so thay can look into why you wish it? LONG LIVE ACPO???

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    I had to prove I'd joined a syndicate that had discounted boar shooting... having said this they later removed "Boar" and replaced it with AOLQ... According to BASC I'm still covered for Boar but I've emailed my firearms dept to check!

Boar are covered with AOLQ under cheshire