Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meopta?

meopta?

any one used newer meopro scope? have an old 7x50 which is very good but cross hair is very fine perfect in light but at dusk can be hard to see?

Have two Fitted to both my 243 and 308 as does my mate on his 243 and 30.06. Fantastic scopes and value for money wise and after sales service I can't fault them...
    ​Win Mod 70

Quote Originally Posted by Win Mod 70 View Post
    Have two Fitted to both my 243 and 308 as does my mate on his 243 and 30.06. Fantastic scopes and value for money wise and after sales service I can't fault them...
    ​Win Mod 70
    + 1

had a meopro 4-12 on my 222 and it was a great scope, really bright and clear and decent in fading light. Only sold as i got a good deal on a swaro

Many years ago a friend and myself compared in low light a Meopta 7x50 and a Swarovski 3-9x42AV. Both 1" tubes. The Meopta has a 8 mm bigger front lens bus was A LOT cheaper. The Meopta won hands down and I became a Meopta man from that day.
    I also consider buying a Meopro 6-18x50 to put on a 223 range/fox rifle. I just don't know if they are as good as the others in low light.

I bought a 4-12x50 Meopro and returned it without even mounting it, the Burris Fullfield i had was noticably better in low light, very disappointed after reading the rave reviews, it is nowhere near a Swaro at dusk.

I use a Meopta 3-12x56 R1R on my .308. The reticle is in the first focal plane and, for deer stalking, excellent.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I bought a 4-12x50 Meopro and returned it without even mounting it, the Burris Fullfield i had was noticably better in low light, very disappointed after reading the rave reviews, it is nowhere near a Swaro at dusk.
    I suppose it all depends on what you get used to. I didn't have a problem yesturday at last light taking a dark Fallow against a dark background. I might plump for the 2100 with the illuminated reticle if i decide to change one of the ones I've already got or buy another on. (Thats an idea i could get another rifle then I'll need to buy a new scope).......

Win Mod 70

I've got a 3000 3-12x56 on my 308, and used to have a 7x50 on my 22lr... In fact I've just lent the 3-12x56 to a local keeper for his 243, and he is in love with it! (hoping I get it back!)

Both have been fantastic, and I often struggle to understand why my Zeiss and Swarovski's are worth cira 1000 more than the meopta on image quality and light gathering alone. The swaro and zeiss are better built, with better turrets but the meopta's have never let me down.

Since there seems to be some ambiguous statemens:

Meopta 2000, 2100 (illuminated) were steel tube models, Meopta 3000, 3100 (illuminated) were the contemporary aluminum tube models. Meopta MeoStar R1 is the current equivalent. I guess they're all aluminum tubes. The low light performance is in the same category as German/Austrian manufacturers for hunting purposes. Mechanical construction is adequate but not comparable, like garyb said.

Meopta MeoPro is different product series, launched primarily for US market. I've handled a few but haven't had a chance to compare in low light. Mechanical construction etc. seemed comparable to MeoStar series.