New Swazi Tahr XP coming May 2013

Hand warmer pockets are a welcome addition but, shame they haven't kept the chest pocket too.

Hand warmer pockets are a welcome addition but, shame they haven't kept the chest pocket too.

This. I wont be swapping mine, shame they dropped goretex too, though i'm certain swazi won't have chosen a poor replacement.

hi ben whats it goin to cost and where would i get one from cheers shaun

It says on the link its £326 but as you'll get stung for shipping and import tax you can add a chunk onto that, there are tax calculating websites so you can work out what it'll cost. Apart from ray mears as far as I'm aware, there are no uk importers so its direct from New Zealand bushwear used to but don't have any in stock now....

I won't be swapping mine but hand warmer pockets would be nice!

there is a full outfit on ebay at the moment in xxl , bib and brace and a ray mears top (which is better with two chest pockets) in goretex.

Price will be approx £283.90 as you will not be charged GST.
Join Clan Swazi and on your birthday you will get a $20 voucher which will reduce shipping costs to the UK to about £10, (delivery generally less than 10 days)
When I got my Tahr the Post Office handling fee was about £40 ish.
Grand total circa £330 to your door!

Regards

BP

If only....just a satisfied customer who has been very happy with the quality and performance of Swazi gear in the field.

As mentioned by someone else you have to order direct, I have mentioned the Clan benefits etc as getting a jacket delivered from NZ for a tenner is a pretty good deal in my view.

Bear in mind Garlands were wanting to charge me £5.95 p&p to post a couple of grub screws for my Sauer Outback!!!! Is it any wonder so many of us on this forum look to foreign shores for quality products, service and value for money.

Regards

BP

If only....just a satisfied customer who has been very happy with the quality and performance of Swazi gear in the field.

As mentioned by someone else you have to order direct, I have mentioned the Clan benefits etc as getting a jacket delivered from NZ for a tenner is a pretty good deal in my view.

Bear in mind Garlands were wanting to charge me £5.95 p&p to post a couple of grub screws for my Sauer Outback!!!! Is it any wonder so many of us on this forum look to foreign shores for quality products, service and value for money.

Regards

BP

+1 Ben! I also use Swazi products and totally agree with your comments. I have only recently sent of my Tahr to get re-proofed. £30 less my $20 birthday voucher, turnaround three weeks! not bad considering the other side of the world!!!

I can only highly recomend Swazi products, used them for years and would not go anywhere else...

Hmm, i'm feeling left out, I'm a member of clan swazi but got no such voucher on my birthday! Not fair!

edit: just realised I hadn't included my date of birth on the login info....d'oh! that'll be why then!

Last edited:
It looks like they have now replaced the terrible cuff design in the original version. You might be able to stay dry now in the new one by the looks of things.

Hi, I have not put any post on here before. I have used Swazi kit for a long time, its very good. Last year I brought a Harkila Pro Jacket. It lasted less than thirty days, wetted out. Yes, five year guarantee. Been through six Gortex Jackets in fifteen years, don't like it. The point is, it could very serious on the hill. I will be going for the new Tahr XP. I am a clan member, got my birthday voucher this year, about to get a Nahanni Shirt.

Back