Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Refused open ticket

Refused open ticket

I've just been refused my open ticket, I have been told the officer responsible is not available to give the reason why. I have jumps through all the hoops that they have wanted of me to posses my newly acquired cf rifle, I have recently passed my dsc1, I sent them a signd letter from a mentor about my knowledge of safe back stops and use of high seats, I also sent a letter that was asked of me referring to the piece of land that I was intending to shoot on which was only passed for .223 the letter I wrote said I needed my license opening up for this bit of land and that I have put up high seats with good safe backstops and that I would be very happy to show someone around so that they could satisfy themselfs that every thing was ok, I have held my f.a.c for just under four years now with rimfires on. I've just got my f.a.c back and it is still closed.
    anyone got any ideas why they have refused me and any ideas in my defence to get them to open my ticket up.
    just a thought on why they put restrictions on land for different calibre's, surely a good back stop,ie (the ground) for a.223 would be a perfectly good back stop for a 6.5x55 or am I missing something here.
    thanks for any info fellas

I don't think this is an issue up here in scotland as all certs seem to be open, however I am confused as to what this means to you. Does this mean that you can only shoot at the land on your cert?

hi, i think its something you could take up with the BASC they may be able to help.
    i would say its lack of experience with centrefires, how long have you own your 6.5x55, and how long did you own your .223 for.
    They also take into account how much ammo you have purchased/used to, plus there is queit a differance size between .223 and a 6.5x55, you may find that they grant an open FAC on your 5 yr renewal.In the mean time though just get your land approved by your FLO,
    atb
    simon

hi tom, open basicaly means for us, as long as we have permission we can shoot over the land.
    if it was closed we would have to have the police approve the land and add it on to our fac first.
    atb
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I don't think this is an issue up here in scotland as all certs seem to be open, however I am confused as to what this means to you. Does this mean that you can only shoot at the land on your cert?
    I have a piece of land that the chief of police is only happy that a max of.223 cal can be used on , I am in breech of my condition if I go on there with my 6.5x55, the land is the home of many fallow deer and their rutting stands, I am trying to help out a park ranger ( he has the same caliber as me) on this piece of land who has an open ticket to shoot where he likes to cull the deer there, personally I cannot see the difference between him or me in the same high seat shooting at the same angle at the same backstop (ground)!!!!!!

some police forces issue a supervisory condition, so it would say land deemed suitable by cheif firearems officer or in the presences of an experianced fullbore rifle shooter.
    well its not word for word, but along them lines
    Last edited by simon1979; 19-03-2013 at 20:39.

usually it goes on experience ,deer numbers and amount of ammunition used ,or just get some ground in scotland that will open it up,atb wayne
    Have you had the feo round and showed him whats safe where the seats are and the likes. If you can explain and show the reasons why you think its ok rather than just a letter it will show how experienced you are and put there mind at ease, do the legwork and get it opened up or at least get that piece passed till it is,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    usually it goes on experience ,deer numbers and amount of ammunition used ,or just get some ground in scotland that will open it up,atb wayne
    Have you had the feo round and showed him whats safe where the seats are and the likes. If you can explain and show the reasons why you think its ok rather than just a letter it will show how experienced you are and put there mind at ease, do the legwork and get it opened up or at least get that piece passed till it is,atb wayne
    I sent the letter hopeing that they would come and have a look, all I got from the feo was ok not a problem send us your f.a.c and we will change the condition, I thought it strange they didn't insist on coming to have a look, but left it at that I got my license back and the only condition that they had changed was putting AOLQ on my rimfires which I didn't ask for, I phoned my feo up and askd her about it and she said that she had passed it on to the officer who says yes or no to opening it up , when asked she said she would find out the reason why he said no and get back to me, I should have asked why no one was interested to come out and take a look , they give me the impression that they just can't be bothered

thats usually why ,they cant be bothered ,get back in touch and ask somebody to meet you and walk the ground and explain it properly if you are shooting from high seat you have a backstop if ground is suitable, tell them that you have to take deer numbers down so insist that someone comes out and make sure you have every thing down in advance ,footpaths safe areas walkers everything you need ,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

how long have you owned a centrefire rifle??