Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Assault rifle reprieve in USA

Blog Entries

Assault rifle reprieve in USA

Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Bleeding heart liberal Democrats .

I hope the whole bill gets shot down !

My country needs to be rid of so called "people" like Obamination and Feinstien .

well Somebody voted for them?

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    well Somebody voted for them?
    Wasn't ME !

Like when B Liar got elected,

no one admitted to voting for him either.

I am genuinely curious about this: why do people feel the need to own assault rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I am genuinely curious about this: why do people feel the need to own assault rifles?
    Good point. I also wonder if allowing ownership of assault rifles and military style sniper rifles by civilians (In the USA, UK or any other country) is doing the image of the shooting community any good. In fact, I don't wonder. I know.

I now brace myself for a torrent of angry replies

same reason we all need 2, 3, 4, 5 stalking rifles and a couple of shotguns

Was no different here until the law changed it was just managed better and stricter than the US

What I don't understand is why they don't just criminalise lack of security of the weapons.

9/10 school shootings are carried out by the children of the owners who have found/stolen/taken the guns from their parents/family

force them to keep them under lock and key and you address one of the numerous issues with the US system

It avoids an immediate ban, it offers a middle ground to the Pro-Gun lobby and if they concede then it is a first step to tighter controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Good point. I also wonder if allowing ownership of assault rifles and military style sniper rifles by civilians (In the USA, UK or any other country) is doing the image of the shooting community any good. In fact, I don't wonder. I know.

I now brace myself for a torrent of angry replies
    Just out of curiosity how are you intending to differentiate between a sniper rifle and a scoped stalking rifle Eric?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Good point. I also wonder if allowing ownership of assault rifles and military style sniper rifles by civilians (In the USA, UK or any other country) is doing the image of the shooting community any good. In fact, I don't wonder. I know. I now brace myself for a torrent of angry replies
    Well history for one will teach you why.
    we live in a relitvely peacefully part of European history. But it hasn't always bean like that. To the piont that marksman ship was taught in schools and cadetforces,for the very reason that if needed the young men of the country, would have some experience of fire arms (note I did not use the term "weapons" as that denotes intent).
    Those that didn't go to grammar or private school or even scouts. Got trained through national service.

What is the image of shooting?

Well any thing the media want to portray.
    "If you have any interest in fire arms you are unstable individual that needs to be crimalised."
    That image simply didn't exist 80 years ago.
    I got my NRA journal through the post the other day. In it the new head chap seams to think that hiding away from the media is now not the best policy. Go figure!

Owning a "military type snipper rifle" will do no more harm than owning a deer rifle. IMHO