SD/H4H Shoot and Prize Draw 2013.

8x57

Distinguished Member
Stalking Directory / H4H Shoot and Prize Draw 2013.

Shoot
The date of this year's Stalking Directory/ H4H charity shoot at Monmouth in aid of Help for Heroes will be held on Sunday 7[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2013. The location will be the same as the last three years which is the tunnel range at Monmouth and the format will remain similar with classes for rimfire, small deer/vermin rifle, and large deer rifle. If you are interested in attending please send me a private message with your name and an email address that I can email the details to you. There is simply too much information to send by the private message system so I need an email address. I’ll repeat that I need an email address, (every year someone asks me to send them the details via the pm system).
Prize Draw.
Each year we have held a prize draw which is drawn at the shoot and this year will be no exception. Previous prizes have been very good mainly due to the extreme generosity of those members of the SD site who donated, but this year we can call it a grand prize draw because the prizes offered are truly exceptional. With the first prize being a Browning X-Bolt rifle in the winner’s choice of calibre complete with a suitable moderator and neoprene sling.
I will be supplying details of how you can purchase tickets for this draw shortly.

Following an enquiry from one of the site members about paying initial entry fees for the H4H shoot by electronic bank transfer I am looking into it and will post a reply later today. This has certain advantages such as cutting out Royal Mail with the ridiculous cost of snail mail, and also would probably far more reliable.

Happy to add a matching bespoke set of leather belt plus leather cartridge pouch to the prize table for the lucky winner

I'm running out of words to thank people for their support Saddler. All I can say is brilliant, I'm sure that the winner will really appreciate the prize.

What about a Just Giving account and you will be able to claim gift aid?

Jonathon

Just an update on how to pay for entries for the shoot and prize draw tickets.
I have looked at setting up a Just Giving account but from what I understand so far this is run by a private company that takes 5% commission on all sums donated. H4H says that this could cost them about half a million pounds a year and that they have their own company bmycharity that enables H4H to get the full benefit of all sums donated. I still have a few questions so will be looking into this further but hope that by tomorrow afternoon I will have a system in place so that all donations can be made by bank transfer direct to H4H. I will let you all know as things develop. Anyone who wants to can still send entries by post.

I’ve just set up an account with bmycharity.com which is the system that H4H use for online payments. The advantage that this has is that payment for entries to the H4H shoot can now be made online simply by making a donation for the correct amount. No commission is paid to any outside companies such as “Just Giving” using this system and the charity gets the full benefit of your donation plus refunded basic rate of tax if you are a tax payer. I am currently updating the information to shooters information pack to include this information. If you have already received an information pack and think that you need the updated pack which simply informs you of this alternative payment method please let me know.

The link to the online payment system is www.bmycharity.com/MonmouthSDRifleShoot
Please email me details of any donations made using my email address which is in the shooters information pack.

In the next week or so I will be using this system to also allow remote payment for Prize Draw tickets so as to allow those who wish to partake in the draw an easy method of payment and no payments to Royal Mail. Incidentally I have already arranged to have a stand at the Phoenix meeting at Bisley in May selling draw tickets and am hoping to do the same at a couple of game fairs in June. Let’s see if we can really do the Stalking Directory proud with our donations to H4H this year.

Just a little bit of news. We have just been offered a bottle of port to auction in aid of H4H. This bottle is rather special as it has come from the officers mess at Hereford (22 Special Air Service) and the label clearly indicates this. It’s the genuine article, provenance is not in doubt.
The officers have donated it on condition that it achieves a minimum of at least £100. I have said that I will guarantee that personally but I am sure that when we start the auction off and go public there will be no end of people who will be prepared to pay considerably more for something that rarely come on to the market.

Got the info through thanks mate just one question roughly what time does it all start & finish usually? We're thinking of bringing the other halfs and stopping over nearby on Saturday, but a 3hr drive means sorting the kids out with sitters for 2 days which could be tricky!

Cheers

First shots are normally around 9.30 a.m. after all it is a Sunday and we don't want to upset the local residents. I try to wrap it up by 5 p.m. but normally overrun a little bit because the guys want to keep shooting. If it’s like last year I will be totally shattered by then.

Don’t worry you won’t personally be shooting all that time as the details are quite short, and don’t worry about arriving in time for the very start because you can join in at any time during the day. In fact it works out better if people arrive at different times rather than a mad rush at the start of the day. Not everyone sticks around to the very end because many have long journeys ahead of them.

Stratts,

Why not bring everyone ? There's stuff to do in the Forest of Dean, and you'll only be a few miles from it. Get to certain places and you can hand-feed "wild" boar. There's Dean Forest Railway, Go-Ape, plenty of walking, the cycle centre (you can hire what you can't bring), Symonds Yat, canoe hire etc etc.

And despite what some say about the locals, they can talk, look fairly normal and won't eat you :D

And despite what some say about the locals, they can talk, look fairly normal and won't eat you :D

Just don't let them catch you counting their fingers though. :rofl:

Seriously though it's a nice area with plenty to do. You are right on the junction of some of the nicest counties in the country, Monmouthshire Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.

Last edited:
Come on guys lets get these entries to the shoot in you can do it online by making a donation for the relevant amout at http://www.bmycharity.com/MonmouthSDRifleShoot but email at MonmouthSD@gmail.com to let me know your name and details of what classes you want to shoot in and so that I don't confuse it with purchases of draw tickets.

If anyone wants details of the shoot send me your email address by private message and I will email them back to you. I cannot send the details by private message on this site.

Come on guys get your entries in so far I have only received one entry and that's from .243varmint. As pointed out above you can actually do it online now.

Thanks Stratts, I've just received notification of payment for both the entries and the tickets.

Back