Thread: RWS Teilmantel factort rounds

RWS Teilmantel factort rounds

Has anybody used 100g RWS Teilmantels in 243 on deer or fox? Are these rounds just soft points by a different name or are they designed for a specific purpose? The only reviews i've found seem to be im german which i don't read.
    Cheers

Tikkat3

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Has anybody used 100g RWS Teilmantels in 243 on deer or fox? Are these rounds just soft points by a different name or are they designed for a specific purpose? The only reviews i've found seem to be im german which i don't read.
    Cheers

Tikkat3
    Use them all the time. 3 rounds cloverleaf if I do my part. Effect on deer is good, although they are quite a soft bullet and do expand well. I have once had an issue with a red hind at 180 odd yards which I hit centre of shoulder and the bullet went through the shoulder, near side rib cage and the near side lung. It was enough to put her down but to my mind only just. But to my mind that was driver error and getting far. I do get through penetration every time with a normal behind the shoulder shot, and no issues at all with Roe, although given the soft bullet and close range shot they can make a bit of a mess if you are not careful. Foxes - massive damage and they don't get up.

I think Norma 100 gn is slightly better for deer in that the bullet is a little harder, but it doesn't group as well in my rifle hence I use the RWS. On the hind above, a friend shot a similar one on the same day with a shoulder shot at then same sort of distance and the bullet gave complete penetration. I don't think foxes will like it either, but it might not expand that much.
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 20-03-2013 at 15:10.

Cheers for the info, been using normal 100g RWS soft points for some time as i got a large batch from an RFD that was closing down, bought 600 at homeload prices, they are exellent but recently i was offered 100 teilmantels again at a homeload price so i bought them and they do seem to shoot well, just wondered why the different box and packaging and if the rounds were different?
    They certainly shoot well, a 20p piece covers a 3 round group at 100 in my T3 so that's good enough for me.

BTW, i have an unopened box of 105g speer spitzers in .243 if they are any good to anybody? i think you'd need a rifle with a tighter twist than the 1-10 of my T3 to get them to shoot any good though?

Tikkat3