New Yukon Photon 5x42 V Digital Night Vision

Scott Country

Hello all,

As you will be aware we are demonstrating the fantastic new Yukon Photon digital night vision riflescope at this weekend's Stalking Fair.

Mounted to a rather special looking piece of hardware, you can try out the Photon with the built in laser IR, or we are also lucky enough to have the brand new prototype of the fully covert Nightmaster Infrared illuminator attached to the device also. With a shorter illumination range than the NM800IR, the new illuminator operates in the completely covert spectrum, so is ideal for wild boar etc who appear very subsceptical to non covert IR devices...i.e they get spooked easy!

photonweb_1.jpg

We have been testing the Yukon Photon in the field, and for a nv riflescope with an envisaged retail price of £399 you will be gobsmacked at the performance for the investment, particularly when combined with a Nightmaster.

With a detection range of up to 190metres, built in Laser IR, illuminated reticle and video out for recording footage, external power supply input, and weaver accessory rail (ideal for a NM800IR) the new Yukon Photon 5x42 V is simplistic in it's features, making it very easy to use, but remarkable in it's performance vs money.

(At distances of up to 150m with a Nightmaster, it was as clear as an N750 on a fox sized object)

Nice and easy to zero with traditional turrets, and illuminated reticle (with NV mode for night use), we are so impressed with the performance, for short to medium range use at night, it will inevitably dominate the NV market.

We will be showing a variable range field test demo video of the Nightmaster IR illuminator v On Board built in Laser IR at the show, and of course you can try the new covert Night Master, and the current best selling Nightmaster NM800IR on the Photon in our dark tunnel (albeit at restricted range, given stand space limitations)

nightmasterdigisight_edited-1.jpg

As this post is written we do not have a confirmed delivery time, however we anticipate late April/May, so we hope to be able to take initial pre-orders at the show only, with a small deposit, as with current interest being so huge we expect to sell out of our substantial pre-order stock before it arrives!

Thanks for reading.

Paul

Last edited:
Hello Paul.
I cannot possibly get to the fair but am interested in this new toy.
I have to know if it can be fitted to the Daystate Airwolf. My concern is with the access for the magazine given the bulk of the unit.
Of course anything is possible with high enough mounts.
Do you have any views on this application please.

Bryan.

Hi Bryan, essentially the scope is a traditional 30mm tube which will require the user's own mounts.

On the pictured rifle it is fitted to a picatinny rail using traditional high weaver ring mounts

When fitted to a PCP air rifle the tube should pose no further hindrance than a traditional day scope as the front mounted NV unit should be clear of the mag area.

Happy to fit it to an Airarms or similar and take a pic early next week.

The pictured rifle application is a low profile mount given the rail system is raised as standard.

Thanks for your enquiry

Regards

​Paul

I have had a couple of PM's on the following subject so posting for your info.

Yukon are listing an envisaged Photon S and a Photon V in their forthcoming release.

The UK distributor "may" not bring in both however....

The S is a LED IR illuminator equipped unit where as the V has a laser IR unit.

We will be selling purely the V model.

Regards

Paul

Do you have any videos of this unit in action ,I had looked forward to having a look at Kelso but obviously the weather had other ideas.

Hello, Bmcphers83, yes indeed the unit can be used during the day, however will be a digital image and therefore not the comparative clarity to your normal day scope.

Intrinsically the Photon is not affected by bright light exposure, so you can use it comfortably where bright light could be directed to the device

i.e headlights, street lamps etc

Hello, sadly we did not manage to get to the fair as we were snowed in for 3 days.

The demo Photon is here, and anyone is welcome to pop along and try it in our NV tunnel.

It is due end of April, we have 50 coming in and have daily enquiries for them in the dozens!

Best Regards

Paul

Hello, sadly we did not manage to get to the fair as we were snowed in for 3 days. The demo Photon is here, and anyone is welcome to pop along and try it in our NV tunnel. It is due end of April, we have 50 coming in and have daily enquiries for them in the dozens! Best Regards Paul
Surprised at you Paul letting a little dusting of snow put you off :D:D

He he, a little dusting is slight under estimation.

A week after the snow fall, this pic was taken at 7am this morning, with Millie in the field and sitting level with a road sign still!

millieinsnow.JPG

Paul

Price of the 780nm Laser equipped Photon now confirmed at £399.99

We are now currently taking forward orders from potential purchasers.

If you would like to be guaranteed one of the first batch, give us a call
01556 50 3587

Delivery time still not confirmed but "likely" end April, early May but again I cannot confirm.

Sadly we have but we have been asked not to let people see the video just yet as we are already getting inundated with enquiries, and being honest the video highlights the performance so well, it will just create even more interest in a product as of yet we cannot supply.

We did do a demo video for our NV tunnel at the Deerstalking Fair, which included footage from the Photon, so here is a screen grab of my lab and a friends collie as viewed through the Photon (hand held) with the Nightmaster NM800IR attached for test purposes.

nm800.jpg

and at longer range 100m est

nm8002.jpg

Please note these are YOU TUBE screen grabs, so the res is compressed for editing and then compressed further when uploaded so does not provide a good representation of image quality.

Last edited:
This is just what the doctor ordered. I note that it is designed for a 30mil tube, are there attachments for a 25 mil tube.

Back