Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW ranges offering beginner sessions?

Question NW ranges offering beginner sessions?

A work colleague's 18yr old daughter would like to try target shooting - does anybody know of any ranges within a reasonable distance from Warrington that offer that kind of facility (ie intro to shooting/taster session)? She isn't an FAC holder; genuine beginner status..... I'm not a paper-puncher so was stumped!!

Does Altcar, for example? (The website isn't very informative). Warrington rifle club nr Appleton? (ditto re website....)

She's not looking for an 'experience voucher'-type jolly, sounds like she'd genuinely like to try her hand.

Any suggestions??

Cheers,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Warrington pistol and rifle club, they have a 25mtr undercover range Pm me and I will see what I can sort out.
    The last time I was there 2 girls were shooting
    Last edited by sikadog; 20-03-2013 at 22:53.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Altcar has occasional 'open' days but they are all related to the local clubs active there.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Warrington pistol and rifle club, they have a 25mtr undercover range Pm me and I will see what I can sort out.
    The last time I was there 2 girls were shooting
    W.D.R.P. is also regularly shooting at Altcar, & along with us, (Phoenix) @ Sealand M.O.D. ranges. (My Foxing buddy is also Chairman of Warrington club), Keith (Sikadog) will help you out no problem.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Altcar is flooded at the moment and has been for the past 3 months. The army have had pumps in but it looks like it will be may or june before the place dries out enough to shoot safely.

Thanks for all the offers of assistance & PMs guys; I'll have a chat with my mate and see how he wants to proceed!

Be back in touch once I've had that chat with him.

Much appreciated!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

I'm a member of Warrington & district rifle & pistol club they shoot indoor 25m most nights & first Sunday of the month at Altcar various distance. Great bunch of like minded people and always someone there to help, club rifles and ammo available, if you want contact details drop me a PM
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    I'm a member of Warrington & district rifle & pistol club they shoot indoor 25m most nights & first Sunday of the month at Altcar various distance. Great bunch of like minded people and always someone there to help, club rifles and ammo available, if you want contact details drop me a PM
    Martin
    Just be aware that Home Office Approved Clubs can only allow this on an official 'Guest Day' notified to the CC of the area.

HOAC's can have 12 of these each year by prior arrangement under the Home Office rules. Any other arrangement is in breach of the HO license.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Just be aware that Home Office Approved Clubs can only allow this on an official 'Guest Day' notified to the CC of the area.

HOAC's can have 12 of these each year by prior arrangement under the Home Office rules. Any other arrangement is in breach of the HO license.
    Yes I'm aware, further info would be induction / safety usually takes place on a Tuesday - no range / shooting prior to this. Then 6 month probationer membership.