Intro

Hi all,
just an intro. I'm from south east Ireland and most of my stalking is for sika and fallow.
My favourite calibre for deer is the 270 win. I also like the 243 and 22-250 for fox control and the odd deer. Favourite guns are blasers (I'm still trying to work up the courage to put a deposit on one :) scary price tag). Favourite optics are zeiss and Swarovski, again very expensive but like everything in life you get what you pay for. I like tracking with dogs and admire anyone with a trained deer dog. A good tracking hound is worth their weight in gold.
dislikes are poachers. Irish deer numbers are seriously down because of these gougers. I believe a recreational stalker shouldn't be allowed sell wild deer to a game dealer.
​Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi Silverfox welcome to SD i think most of the users have a dislike in poachers as they just f@&$k (excuse my english) everything up.
rhinos here in SA are on the edge of extinction due to the poaching going on and those guys dont feel a thing as long as theyr pockets are full!!
Had an issue the other day where poachers shot a 55inch kudu on my ranch just to cut of the hind legs to sell them, left that magnificant trophy to rot in the field.

Any case welcome and enjoy the site
​BEST OF LUCK

Hi Silverfox welcome to SD i think most of the users have a dislike in poachers as they just f@&$k (excuse my english) everything up.
rhinos here in SA are on the edge of extinction due to the poaching going on and those guys dont feel a thing as long as theyr pockets are full!!
Had an issue the other day where poachers shot a 55inch kudu on my ranch just to cut of the hind legs to sell them, left that magnificant trophy to rot in the field.

Any case welcome and enjoy the site
​BEST OF LUCK
Thanks,
What a shame to have your kudu killed in such a way. Not much can be done really. Greed will always win out.

Back