Thread: Broken Leg Healed

Broken Leg Healed

Thought this might be of interest...

Got this skinny little roe buck yesterday evening. He had a bump on one hind leg with evidence of scarring on the skin so it could even have been an open fracture. As you can see the bone has fused back together but hadn't set in line properly

I have also attached a photo of the head showing the little antlers.

We reckon he was one of last years, absolutely no fat on him but remarkable how the leg had healed!

How common is it for broken legs to re-set like this? I had been under the impression that a total break like that would usually have absolutely no chance of healing.

Alex

I once shot a fallow doe in Suffolk out of a group of 14 that were walking across a field of carrots. Never noticed anything wrong with any of them at the time but the one i shot had had all four legs broken and all (or most of) the ribs on one side. The legs had been broken pretty much in the same place as in your above photo, and had set with the ends side by side. This was years ago now but I still think about her and how the hell she managed to survive. She was in good order body weight so presume it had happened a long time before I shot her. Maybe a traffic accident and she had been able to lie up in a ditch with access to water. Who knows. The healing ability and resilience of wild animals is just astounding. What would a human have done in the same predicament?

Hi cyberstag

"What would a human have done in the same predicament?"

With luck possibly have healed !!

My own left arm. Snapped many years ago at the elbow with my hand having completed one whole turn and my skin looking like a rung towel..
    I turned my hand around whilst looking at it in shock and straightened my own arm.. Well as best i could as from the pickies i could have done better.. Amazing what can be done purely on instinct before rational thought..
    The hospital could not operate or do anything for me due to nerve issues and all that was done was to have a plaster and sling for six weeks ..
    An injury that hasnt inhibited me atall with no strength diferences between left and right.. Both as weak as the next

My ankle most probably may have not !!!

Thats my rib poking out which means i cant sleep on that side

No more bikes for me..

I think we as humans are very resilient as ive personally had
    A broken jaw in two places
    Broken arm three times
    Broken bones in hands five times
    Broken and cracked ribs four times
    Broken leg/ankle
    2 broken bones in foot

Thankfully my nurse fetish is at an end.. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1

I think we as humans are very resilient as ive personally had
    A broken jaw in two places
    Broken arm three times
    Broken bones in hands five times
    Broken and cracked ribs four times
    Broken leg/ankle
    2 broken bones in foot

Thankfully my nurse fetish is at an end.. Fingers crossed
    PS1, don't you think you ought to be a little more careful, do you spend a lot of time falling out of trees or something? or is your real name Evel Knievel?
    Cheers, Pete (Aged biker)

pheasant sniper,

If your nurse fetish has ended that is proof that you suffered serious damage from which you have not recovered.

Its lady sky divers im into now so watch out for some more pics