Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Staden Safari's - Trophy Shipment

Van Staden Safari's - Trophy Shipment

Looking for some advice from those that understand/ have experienced this

The Consignor Sylvia Van Straden Safari's has put the invoice bill for trophys taken in Komolo at $11,600

The invoice shows the price for the Skull/Horns then duplicates it again for the cape

ie $2000 for the Skull then another $2000 for the cape ... So invoice charge is $4k instead of Trophy charge for shooting the animal which was $2000

This then gives vat payable at £599.39 this end via Rainbow plus their charges

Obviously a total rip off, how do you go about making it right

Terry
    Last edited by pheasant sniper 1; 21-03-2013 at 21:07.
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

that doesnt sound right was these 2 payments on top of the trophy fee if so thats a total con, ill root out my charges but off the top of my head it came to £1900 that was for ship and dip to my door for 6 trophys including capes and 2 skulls. Where your trophys mounted or dipped and flat packed

kris

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    that doesnt sound right was these 2 payments on top of the trophy fee if so thats a total con, ill root out my charges but off the top of my head it came to £1900 that was for ship and dip to my door for 6 trophys including capes and 2 skulls. Where your trophys mounted or dipped and flat packed

kris
    Hi Kris

Cheers for reply

Trophy's were taken in Komolo Zambia with Charly, Shavesgreen Safari's and were dipped and flat packed

The payments were not on top of the trophy fee Kris, what they have done is put down a trophy fee charging for the Skull/Horn then duplicated the cost again for the cape so having been charged twice the vat is representative of that.

Sorry I should have said the vat covered more animals but what I don't get is the double charge for skull and cape

Ive emailed them and also hope Charly is looking into it for us

Cheers

Terry
    Last edited by pheasant sniper 1; 21-03-2013 at 19:32.

I'm still trying to work out what you are saying here? But skull and dip/pack of cape should come to no more than around £100 to £200 per animal depending on the species. I bring alot back for clients and also for competitors both mounted and dip/pack. We always get the taxidermist to make out the invoice for less than £1000 so you only pay about £50 VAT. I've had 15 trophies here and a few skins etc all sorted by Martin at Rainbow and never paid more than £1400 inc. flight over, clearance and delivery to my house. The last one weighed 250kg.
    You're getting ripped off here by the taxidermist/outfitter.

Terry,

Is your beef with the cost you have to pay the taxidermist or just with the invoice that travelled with the trophies?

If the former then rip off, if the latter then it can be rectified by a corrected invoice.

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Hunter View Post
    I'm still trying to work out what you are saying here? But skull and dip/pack of cape should come to no more than around £100 to £200 per animal depending on the species. I bring alot back for clients and also for competitors both mounted and dip/pack. We always get the taxidermist to make out the invoice for less than £1000 so you only pay about £50 VAT. I've had 15 trophies here and a few skins etc all sorted by Martin at Rainbow and never paid more than £1400 inc. flight over, clearance and delivery to my house. The last one weighed 250kg.
    You're getting ripped off here by the taxidermist/outfitter.
    Hi SH

What im trying to say is the invoice has charged twice for the same animal, once for the skull and again for the cape

Total weight is 80kilo's

Total package 8 animals, including 6 capes.

I will be picking up from Martin at Rainbow

We were all told the invoice would be kept low by Charly but at $11600 somebody along the way didn't try very hard

Im not home but will post up all costs as am definitely getting ripped off along with other three clients

Thanks for reply Terry

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Terry,

Is your beef with the cost you have to pay the taxidermist or just with the invoice that travelled with the trophies?

If the former then rip off, if the latter then it can be rectified by a corrected invoice.

​Stan
    Stan,

My beef is at the ever escalating costs being passed on to the four of us that hunted out there and the invoice that in no way represents the true costs paid

We went with Shavesgreen, PH over there was Strang Middleton, the trophy shipment was handled by Sylvia at Van Straden Safari's and trophy's received by Rainbow
    so id just like to find out who it is that's yanking our chain.

Ive emailed Charly so hopefully he will have an answer

I have an excel sheet with exact costings on so ill put it up on here when I get home

Cheers

Terry

Terry,
    I have emailed the Van Staden`s to get clarification on the issue you have raised.

If it's already here you will have to pay the VAT as it will look like a fiddle if you try to change it now. I still think you are being ripped off as I for one cannot see why a Safari company would handle the taxidermy. You should always be dealing with the taxidermists direct and they handle all of the paperwork and shipping.
    Hope it works out for you.
    Good luck
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Hunter View Post
    If it's already here you will have to pay the VAT as it will look like a fiddle if you try to change it now. I still think you are being ripped off as I for one cannot see why a Safari company would handle the taxidermy. You should always be dealing with the taxidermists direct and they handle all of the paperwork and shipping.
    Hope it works out for you.
    Good luck
    Adrian
    Hi SH

On taking the hunt Charly as a friend said he would take care of the trophy shipment as I have no experience in this field

Ive spoken to Charly on the fone and by email and hes doing his best to see whats amiss

A few people have foned me up and it may be the taxidermist that has inflated the price who knows.

All I know is with the daily rates for storage I have no choice but to pick the trophy's up from Rainbow tomorrow and hopefully things be put right after.

Cheers for replies

Terry