Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs up for my new Hardy Gen IV.

Thumbs up for my new Hardy Gen IV.

Managed to get out after work yesturday to fit and zero my new Mod that arrived on Tuesday. Arrived on the farm to find 20 odd Fallow in the feild over from where I had planned to zero the rifle. After unsucessfully trying to stalk into them i set up a target, fitted the mod and fired the first shot. Unexpected! the scope stayed on target but POI was low and left. three more and the rifle was ready to go.
    Time was getting on so I had an hour in a ground seat before last light. On making my way back to the truck i noticed two dark shapes against the hedge in a dip. Closed to 120 and could see that it was two fallow feeding. Wind in my face and cut the distance to 90. Deer still happly feeding. a further 20 and down onto the bipod. Could just pick out the front legs of a very dark coloured doe steadied the cross hairs and fired. Very strange! actually heard the impact and saw the reaction to the shot clearly and the deer ran 20 yards befor dropping.

Very happy with the new mod and the intigrated muzzel brake illiminates any muzzel flip. If i though i could justify it I'd chop in the Wildcat on my 308 and get another Hardy......

Win Mod 70

Great to see you are enjoying the HARDY. Nice stalking in there .

Quote Originally Posted by Win Mod 70 View Post
    Managed to get out after work yesturday to fit and zero my new Mod that arrived on Tuesday. Arrived on the farm to find 20 odd Fallow in the feild over from where I had planned to zero the rifle. After unsucessfully trying to stalk into them i set up a target, fitted the mod and fired the first shot. Unexpected! the scope stayed on target but POI was low and left. three more and the rifle was ready to go.
    Time was getting on so I had an hour in a ground seat before last light. On making my way back to the truck i noticed two dark shapes against the hedge in a dip. Closed to 120 and could see that it was two fallow feeding. Wind in my face and cut the distance to 90. Deer still happly feeding. a further 20 and down onto the bipod. Could just pick out the front legs of a very dark coloured doe steadied the cross hairs and fired. Very strange! actually heard the impact and saw the reaction to the shot clearly and the deer ran 20 yards befor dropping.

Very happy with the new mod and the intigrated muzzel brake illiminates any muzzel flip. If i though i could justify it I'd chop in the Wildcat on my 308 and get another Hardy......

Win Mod 70
    Go on...you know you want to...

Great bit of kit, and they are getting noticed out there

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I have one on my 270 WSM, I really like it, one of my better decisions.

Great to hear yet another good report regarding the Hardy. It will no doubt be followed up by the bad shortly
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by remmy700 View Post
    Great to hear yet another good report regarding the Hardy. It will no doubt be followed up by the bad shortly
    Like it's . . . too light, too short, too good bad and ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Like it's . . . too light, too short, too good bad and ugly!
    You forgot "too black and not shiny"

Win Mod 70
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Been using one for 3 months now. No difference between it and p8 or t8 in performance, just a lot lighter and shorter, guns are a pleasure to use now with a mod on, bought another for my 243 as well as my 7mm

Sorry to rekindle an old thread, but any more reports on the Hardy Gen IV now that theres a few more about. In comparison to a JetZ, are they much louder? On a personal level, do people think that the weight and size of the hardy outweigh any noise difference?

I currently use JetZ's on my CF rifles and to be fair, although they are very effective, the added length and weight are getting a bit tedious.

Also, with the muzzle break feature on the gen IV.. do you think this has a negative affect for those shooting over dogs or at a range?

Thanks in advance.

FFM

I have a jet z on my 243. That's my go to gun, and I probably cull about 60-70 deer a year with it. I love the noise reduction, but don't like the weight. However, it is only used for lowland stalking and I can carry it about all morning.
    For mountains and trophy hunting I have a 300wm with the hardy gen 4. Pluses are that it hardly weighs anything and does a great job of reducing muzzle flip. I can carry that plus spotting scope, water and mountain kit in my rucksack etc all day. For what I want its perfect; but then I rarely fire more then one shot with it, so noise suppression isn't an issue for me,