Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamping from a vehicle

Lamping from a vehicle

I would like to mount a lamp on the top of my defender for when I'm out and about. However I'm not keen on drilling a hole in the roof! I've heard of people using suction cups and other methods. Is there any kits available/ anything I could make myself that you guys would recommend?
    ​Cheers Joe

I have just the thing for you.

I am just about to list a full suction mounted LRM 170 with remote handle. Brand new reflector and switch.

PM me if interested

Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Robbo View Post
    I would like to mount a lamp on the top of my defender for when I'm out and about. However I'm not keen on drilling a hole in the roof! I've heard of people using suction cups and other methods. Is there any kits available/ anything I could make myself that you guys would recommend?
    ​Cheers Joe
    Just by chance do you have a sunroof? Simple matter of making up a ply panel to replace sunroof with lamp mounted.

ATB WB

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    Just by chance do you have a sunroof? Simple matter of making up a ply panel to replace sunroof with lamp mounted. ATB WB
    No unfortunately that would of made life nice and easy. I think i've seen people who've had sunroofs put in defenders but again the thought of cutting my pride and joy terrifies me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Robbo View Post
    No unfortunately that would of made life nice and easy. I think i've seen people who've had sunroofs put in defenders but again the thought of cutting my pride and joy terrifies me!
    lol yes I know what you mean, I took a jigsaw to my hardtop about 4 years ago and fitted a pop out sunroof from a Fiesta exactly in the middle of the rear loadspace so that I could stand in the back with head and shoulders out to shoot on a rail fitted all round, best thing I ever did,just like a tank commander being driven round the fields, comm with driver via kiddies head set works a treat and just pop down inside when the brass monkeys start to bite , fitted the lamp, LF170 handheld on a T handle with dimmer strapped to it, just behind interior mirror so it can be operated inside or outside, really cannot get much better.

ATB WB

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    lol yes I know what you mean, I took a jigsaw to my hardtop about 4 years ago and fitted a pop out sunroof from a Fiesta exactly in the middle of the rear loadspace so that I could stand in the back with head and shoulders out to shoot on a rail fitted all round, best thing I ever did,just like a tank commander being driven round the fields, comm with driver via kiddies head set works a treat and just pop down inside when the brass monkeys start to bite , fitted the lamp, LF170 handheld on a T handle with dimmer strapped to it, just behind interior mirror so it can be operated inside or outside, really cannot get much better. ATB WB
    That sound like a brilliant set up. I think I'd want a tank commanders helmet to go with it as well so I really felt the part!

Quote Originally Posted by remmy700 View Post
    I have just the thing for you. I am just about to list a full suction mounted LRM 170 with remote handle. Brand new reflector and switch. PM me if interested
    PM'd. Thanks a lot for your help.

I've used the Lightforce Remote Handle & Roof Suction Mount for some years now & they work just fine, mines fitted with a 240 Blitz lamp.

Cheers
    Chris

Lightforce Remote Handle

Lightforce Roof Suction Mount
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

The only problem with the suction mounted lamps are if you are going solo and drive off road with the rifle in the crook of your arm its a pain in the butt to lamp and steer.
    Also if you are solo and have a fox in the lamp and have to adjust the lamp as it moves while you are attempting to line up on it then it is more awkward than if the lamp is drilled centrally.
    Dont be soft and get your roof drilled its much easier
    www.yorkshiredeermanagement.co.uk

IF ITS RED ITS DEAD AND IF ITS BROWN ITS DOWN

Use a mates and drill a hole in his