Thread: Paypal warning

Paypal warning

Just got my second email telling me that my Paypal account had been limited and that I should click a link to proceed, the email is in very poor English and is obviously a scam to extract bank details, my Paypal account is in good shape and has been for many years and I use it regularly so I know there is no problem, be warned chaps.

Regards WB.

this is very common , let pay pal know but i doubt they will do anything?

Not always a scam. If you have a higher than normal amount hit your paypal account they are bound by money-laundering regulations to limit your account until they get further authentication from you. I had this happen to me last week - never click on the link in the email, but by logging in to paypal as normal I went through the authentication process and the money was released within 48 hours.

I get loads of these ,I just forward them to spoof at paypal and ebay .They get back to me saying thanks they've stopped it but there's thousands more trying it on. gullible folks get caught but we all pay.

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    I get loads of these ,I just forward them to spoof at paypal and ebay .They get back to me saying thanks they've stopped it but there's thousands more trying it on. gullible folks get caught but we all pay.

+1

If I'm in any doubt I log on to paypal myself and check the status of my account.

Using Firefox, I hover over any links in the email and bottom left it shows the target page... 9/10 are xyz@ru.net or some such thing, so straight into bin

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)