Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got a pdf of the DSC1 deer target I could have please?

Anyone got a pdf of the DSC1 deer target I could have please?

Hi chaps I have access to a large printer through work (up to A0 I think) so was thinking about getting some deer targets printed for practicing.

Does anyone have the same targets used for the DSC1 course I could have or a link to them please? I've downloaded some pics from google but I'm not sure of the sizes they need to be printed at,

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

SD Regular
    Not seen one Stratts - just buy one from the BDS at 3 if that's what you want. Get yourself a few of the 'inserts' as these will be far more difficult to copy because of the nature of the definition of the killzone.

Oh and the standard zeroing target is readily available.....
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 22-03-2013 at 15:13.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

It's on the DMQ site to print to your hearts content

http://www.dmq.org.uk/downloads/Zero%20target.pdf

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Ah thanks chaps I did manage to find this via google which has printed off about 3ft across and gives an inner ring of 100mm and outer of 150mm. Good for practicing I reckon!

Just gotta run some off when the gaffer aint about but the rest will be black and white unfortunately!!

I think you should get the proper one.

Which is a simple black silhouette. The scoring marks are invisible from the shooting distances.

You are supposed to judge where the correct position is without any aiming clues, just as you would have to on a real deer.

On the proper target the scoring area is replaceable, so you don't have to replace the whole thing, or patch it up.

I would be interested in a suitably scaled target for airgun practice at say 30 yards max., e.g. 1/3 scale, to coach friends in field shooting.

Edited:

Here you go, a bit of copy and past, some photoshop, and bobs your uncle: Of course you need to know where the scoring rings should be, I leave that exercise to the student

Paper Targets
    Last edited by Sharpie; 22-03-2013 at 16:18.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Not seen one Stratts - just buy one from the BDS at 3 if that's what you want. Get yourself a few of the 'inserts' as these will be far more difficult to copy because of the nature of the definition of the killzone.

Oh and the standard zeroing target is readily available.....
    Further to Sharpie's point, if you get one, you could trace it onto some ply and then paint the silhouette, only then requiring the inserts in quantity as the board should last for ages. And as said, you get good practice at gauging the right place to shoot on the silhouette.
    (Still think the DMQ one is a bit high, but let's not go there!!)
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Ah yes point taken chaps I'll look into the bds ones or maybe even blacken out the rings on the others now I have half dozen printed,

Cheers

if you look at the coloured roe target theres a patch that looks like Britain , shoot at cumbria

Do you have access to CAD stratts if so I have some Roe Muntjac and Fallow silhouettes I could dig out and send to you