Thread: VORTEX OPTICS

VORTEX OPTICS

After recently breaking my leicca binnoculars [my fault] i needed a reasonable to good pair as a stand in untill my own pair were mended and after a few hours searching i came across vortex optics.
    After a google search for reviews i soon found the companies flag ship model the VORTEX RAZORS that were being compaired with the likes of swarovskis leiccas and zeiss and came out with a highly recomended.
    I think it was on a bird wathching site, anyway a call or two later and i had tracked down a gun shop that was just starting to stock part of the vortex range so i popped over for a look.
    Well to say i was impressed would be an understatement they had a nice clear crisp view and a solid build quality and with the 10 by 42 retailing at around 400 seemed exceedingly good value.
    After a quick chat i was alowed to try a demo pair for the evening with the previso that if broken or dammaged then i would have to buy so puting the rifle in the truck off i went for a proper field test.
    To cut a long story short they passed with flying colours and will not be going back on the shelf at the shop.

With money being a bit hard to come by for a lot of us at the moment and some compairable makes asking four figure sums it might just be worth giving them a look [no pun intended]
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

I have heard great things about these bins.

This guy is big on the US based hunting forums, he is pushing these in a big way:

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/v...rtexrazor10x42

Looks like you got a good deal. Not often the UK price is less than the US price on anything.

As if to prove a point i was with a friend in a high seat(box type)

he has the vortex 10 x 42 i have the swarovski 8.5 x 42 el

we put them side by side rested on the shooting rail when it was almost dark took it in turns to change their positions and neither of us could tell at all and i was bloody trying my hardest to choose mine.

they are not just a copy in size and shape but also in optic quality, worth the money no doubt about it.

Hi do any of you guys have any experince with the vipers there the next ones down in the range just cant afford the razors thanks

Ben

VORTEX VIPER

Ben i havent tried out the viper optics but i do have there catalogue and here is the spec for them which may help
    waterproof
    fogproof
    phase-corrected
    fully multi-coated
    multi-position tapered eyecaps
    rubber armored
    tripod adaptable
    lifetime warrant

magnification xobjective lens
    8x42
    10x42
    12x42

eye relief adjustment
    20mm
    16.5mm
    15.8mm

close focus distance

field of view at 1000 yards/degrees
    347/6.6*
    319/6.1*
    267/5.1*

weight
    23.0 oz
    23.4 oz
    23.2 oz

ATB
    RICK O SHEA

height x width
    5.8x5.3"
    5.8x5.3"
    5.8x5.3"

interpupilllary distance
    59-75mm
    59-75mm
    59-75mm

Hey, sorry this is a bit of a late reply but I've only just read the topic. I have a set of Vipers and they're really good value for money. Maybe not quite up there with the best but very close to it. They're very clear and good in low light, certainly the best binos I've ever had. I'd recommend them to anyone on a budget.