caravan liability insurance

vicball

Hi there can anyone help me? I lease the stalking in some woodland and have a small caravan parked inside the wood which has been there with permission for about five years but I have now been advised by the forestry company that in the event of a fire or some other event resulting from the presence of the caravan that I may be liable and pursued for the cost of damages to the estate, I have been in touch with the countryside alliance who are my insurance but find they will not cover the caravan in my absence and after a lot of phone calls I have been unable to find any insurance providers who will provide third party liability insurance for a static caravan parked inside a wood which has access by the public, has anyone else had this problem there must be thousands of stalkers with caravans parked in their woods it will be a real pain if I have to remove it. ta Vic..

Hi penyard my associate tried nfu they wouldnt cover it because of access by the public while it is unattended.

just got a reply back from B A S C the caravan is not covered on my basc insurance but any 3rd party liability is if it is only used for stalking i.e not hollidays, i have asked for this in writing and they are emailing me confirmation, this should satisfy any land owner i think

copy of email sent to me no extra cost involved looks like you get what you pay for, I can confirm that third party liability cover will be provided for your caravan under your BASC policy.

The caravan itself is not covered should any thing untoward happen to it, but if the caravan causes any damage to anyone else or the surrounding area if negligence is proved then cover for third party liability will be covered.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Hi jb7x57, Many thanks for that I shall talk to them on monday, I was about to insure with a company called Lycetts of Northumberland who would insure third party liability only to the tune of £2,000,000 at a cost of £206.00 per annum, but I am reluctant to pay so much,
many thanks again. Vic.

I was very pleased when I asked them for advice and they just said its covered as part of your membership just shows you get what you pay for well done BASC

Many thanks to jb7x57 and Cheshire lad, my associate spoke to BASC today and its now sorted we shall forward the confirmation to the forestry company and that should be that I shall now leave the Countryside Alliance and join BASC. good hunting, Vicball.

Back