Recipes for Barnes ttsx in 30 o6

Roedinator

Distinguished Member
Managed to pick up some reloading consumables this morning
anybody got data for Barnes copper ttsx 150 grain
I have heard that they like to be driven fast is this so ?
​regards pete

just had a look and found a load using h414 which I use quite a bit with a variety of calibres
will be interesting to get a few of these loaded and see how they perform
​regards pete
the should work well Ive just done a 7mm wsm for a chap using TTSX,they do like a jump so start at 50 thou off the lands

i use hogden h4350 powder in my .270 with 130 grain barnes tsx, 50 thou of the lands, 55 grain of powder, thats the max load in barnes reloading manual but they have to be driven fast, no presure signs what so ever, 1/4 groups at 100 yards and awesome knock down power:thumb:

hi see it shoot it, can you put the load data up for the n140 if you find a good recipe, have loads of that for the 308,be interesting to see what case fill volume you get and what velocity, thanks:tiphat:

i use hogden h4350 powder in my .270 with 130 grain barnes tsx, 50 thou of the lands, 55 grain of powder, thats the max load in barnes reloading manual but they have to be driven fast, no presure signs what so ever, 1/4 groups at 100 yards and awesome knock down power:thumb:

i bet to differ , im getting fantastic performance from both ttsx and tsx with min loads of n560 and n160 and H4831 .

​130 and 140gn projectiles clover leafing @ 2800- 2900 fps ! slow for the 270 win !

hope deerwarden joins this thread as he is very well clued up on barnes products and re-loading with several different powders

on the barnes website it gives h414 and h4350 for 150 grain tsx
im going to start with 57 grain of h414 and see what results i get
min load 55 max 60
regards pete

Back