Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seal skinz shooting gloves

Seal skinz shooting gloves

Treated myself to a pair at Xmas so I've been testing them in most weather now .these have the trigger finger on bother hands split so they can be folded back to shoot and a leather palm .they also feature magnetic bits to keep the finger flaps back instead of Velcro which are rather good and don't chaff your nose if you try and wipe a dew drop from it .i have been out in blizzards ,rain and freezing temps now and I have to say these are pretty much the best gloves I've had .i would have liked the thumb with the fold back thingy too for easy safety catch access and may get that done .
    they do have Velcro wrist fastening which also keeps your wrist warm which may I'm told help keep the fingers warm too so all in all great gloves as I hate having cold anything .
    ​norma

Use these too . Awesome stuff and made in gb !

I got a pair from the mrs for Xmas. Very nice gloves. Only problem with the magnets is I noticed a few cartridges on the floor and realised that I was picking up live carts with the magnets and then dropping them on the floor

i use these gloves aswell excellent gloves love mine

Sound good my hands are terrible for getting cold these days! Do you have a link to the exact pair please mate?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

No sorry chap got mine from wellend valley feeds but uttings do them I think about 41 I paid .not cheap but quality .
    ​norma

Use these myself , the pair that are like mitts but they clip back with a magnet, came in handy this morning!

I must be the odd one out as I think they are utter cr*p. Had mine for about 3 years now (they were bought as a present) and can honestly say my hands have never been warm in them yet, the trigger finger is uninsulated and as soon as water hits it when climbing into a high seat or crawling in grass etc it soaks in to the rest of the glove from the inside. They are also very small for their sizing and can make hands colder when wearing them, often have to take mine off to warm my hands up!. Had them on during an exceptionally rainy day one day last year whilst out stalking and I literally had to wring them out, and am not just talking about the outer layer. I have had several pairs of sealskinz socks which have always been initially very waterproof, but after a couple of cycles in the washing machine the inner waterproof layer can disintegrate badly and the outer layer mishape leaving you with a rather expensive sponge and cold feet!. I do agree that the grip is excellent, but I would not buy them again. I would opt for a more open "Mitt" type of glove that are less restrictive in the colder weather..

Think you got the old model there mate ,I was In terrential rain last weekend and around freezing and I was toasty warm .do they have magnets or Velcro .not disputing yrs are rubbish but things have moved on in three yrs I think .regards Norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Think you got the old model there mate ,I was In terrential rain last weekend and around freezing and I was toasty warm .do they have magnets or Velcro .not disputing yrs are rubbish but things have moved on in three yrs I think .regards Norma
    Yeah, you are right Norma. Mine are velcro, cannot get away with them. I only wear them because am too tight to buy another pair!