MTC Scopes

Grant.N

Just wondering if anyone has experience with MTC Scopes, was looking for a scope for my rim fire and was thinking of the mamba.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with MTC Scopes, was looking for a scope for my rim fire and was thinking of the mamba.
I have had MTC Viper's on both my 22 and 17hmr for 4 years good as gold always held zero even after the odd knock in and out of the truck.

I had a viper on my 243 for a couple of years, no complaints re the zero. At maximum magnification it was slightly milky, just not quite right, though it was possibly reflection off the mod or something.
​great value for money scopes

+1 good value for money scopes. I have 4-16 taipan and have no complaints so far. Clear optics but under no false or misguided expectations of it. It is what it is, and does it well in my opinion.

good value for money. seem to hold zero well. some are a bit heavey viper tiapan.
usually good aftersales support but not always.
some good features tough scopes.

Another one for mtc, suited to rimmys but will do a job on the centre fires. had one on a .22 and its been knocked about a lot and never lost zero so must say something for them. I'd buy another, think there the best scopes in there price bracket.

Bought a Mamba once. It went straight back as the optics were very poor and the reticle had specs floating about on it.

save up a bit longer and get a nice scope it will save money in the long run,

by a proper scope first time around and you will never look back,

sadly i do not rate MTC scopes i have had a few over the years and wish i had done what i just told you,

bob.

Just ordered the mamba for my new rimfire i have ordered the 44mm with the 4a reticle. Best scope for under 200 quid if you ask me.

I've used MTC mambas for 5 years on my .22,222 and 243, I've always defended them and told people how good they are,
that was until recently when I went to look at a roe doe 200yds away one morning. All I could see through the scope was WHITE, no Doe, no nothing.
at that point I decided to upgrade and I was lucky enough to buy a German S&B 8x56 for just over £300 on this site.
When I looked through the scope I realised how poor the MTCs really are, when out lamping the clarity of the sight picture is incredible and I can probably ID targets at least 50yds further out and when sitting in the high seat I get an extra 15 minutes of shooting time.
​on a .22 or HMR these scopes are ok but for serious centre fire rifles save up a bit longer and buy better glass

They are quite decent for air rifle use.

The Viper Connect is unique, and has some merit. I've got one on a .22lr

Thats about their limit.

The bloke who flogs them is an arse. AFAIK he is using his partner to head up the company (unable to do so himself ...)

Bit like the Archers.

Daresay he will correct me if wrong and I will happily retract.

I have a connect on my 22lr and they are amazing however I have had a few vipers and had a white out

Would agree with sharpies comments,had a mamba Mtc failed to honour the guarantee(ir failed),told many porkies about when I would receive a replacement.
in the end I gave up and bought a decent scope.

From what I've seen the Mtc scopes aren't great if it were me and I were in the market for a fairly cheap variable I'd look at the zeiss conquest line

I have a couple of Mambas, a lite version on an FAC air rifle and a regular IR Mamba on a .22rf. I have had no problems to date and am intending buying another 4-16x50 Mamba for a semi-auto r/f as IMHO the scb reticle is the dogs whatsits for rimfire use. I have calculated the drop for Eley subs out to 100plus yards and have used these to very good effect on magpies at 100 plus yards with a steady rest. A lot of guys use the Vipers for long range target shooting with c/f rifles and they appear to be a good budget choice. If my experience is anything to go by I'd get one, for sure you can find better optics, but for what I use them for I wouldn't change them them.

I've got three mtc mambas two scb reticule's on me .22 and .17hmr and one with the German a4 reticule on the 6.5x55 no complaints at all, to sum it up I could spend twice as much on a scope that wouldn't be half as good as the mtc's:thumb:

Back