Thread: Running out

Running out

How bad Is things getting for lads trying to get components to reload ammo. Been trying to get powder in Scotland is pretty difficult now! May have to relay on friends and family down south!

Getting tight in Cornwall my usual supplier is finding difficulty getting all components. Buy when ever you see it would be my advice.

​BE

Brock and Norris were advising everyone to get powder at the deer fair at kelso as they recon it is in very short supply , whether or not it was a marketing ploy, I got a few tubs and a load of bullets and primers but also because it was a lot cheaper than my local gun room .

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    Brock and Norris were advising everyone to get powder at the deer fair at kelso as they recon it is in very short supply , whether or not it was a marketing ploy, I got a few tubs and a load of bullets and primers but also because it was a lot cheaper than my local gun room .
    Mike wasn't telling fibs,........
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Mike wasn't telling fibs,........
    Mike was the big lad right ? I got there early and he spent a good 20 mins going through reloading processes for me , he explained things so well , showing how even different primers reacted to different loads. I was in awe of his knowledge.

So yeah I believed him .

Muir on here has been warning about a drought on reloading components ie powder/primers/bullets for a while now. Might be a good idea to get what you can soonest you can, shortages where he is are bound to be even more severe over here and last longer we have been warned.

How does the British Defence Force produce its powder, & ammunition? They must be able to produce enough surplus for the sporting market?

Cheers Sharkey

It's not showing signs of easing up over here. A friend of mine who has also been 'stocking up' over the last year has been getting phone calls from friends asking him to sell some of his supplies. Like myself, he has been buying primers, powder, and bullets for sometime and has enough to keep him shooting for several years. He told me he is getting three or four phone calls a week asking him to part with various components, from as far away as Colorado. Even here where the problem has been growing before everyone's eyes, people have been shrugging it off to their eventual detriment.~Muir

How much of the present problem is caused by people stocking up with a few years worth of supplies

Neil.