Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really mad!!

Really mad!!

Just say down at work to have a quick read of the paper and on page 19 of the express is an article about how gamekeepers ( and apparently them alone) are poisoning birds of prey! Apparently 60 dogs and 28 cats have been killed by this method in the last decade too!! Where do they get this crap????

Haven't read the article, but sadly the first part is still true.

I won't post the links to open your eyes, but it does still go on, there are bad apples.

Combined statistics (deliberate and unproven) poisonings of birds of prey in Scotland were 233 in 2010, 237 in 2011. Those were the ones where the bodies were found, and tested.

Confirmed deliberate poisonings 32 in 2010, 16 in 2011.

Most recent conviction of a gamekeeper, for poisoning buzzards, was January this year.

Be really mad ! that there are people still doing this.

I know there's one or two bad apples but the article mahes out every single gamekeeper kills birds of prey and it's only keepers alone who are responsible for poisoonings

Not all of us fulltime keepers are still old skool some of us have moved way way on in to the 21 st century
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    Not all of us fulltime keepers are still old skool some of us have moved way way on in to the 21 st century
    Exactly!! It mahes me so mad when we are made to shoulder the blame for any raptor deaths!

I do sympathise.

ISTM the old skool will eventually disappear as time marches on.

As will their employers who directly or indirectly still encourage them in their old ways.

Lets hope so.

Muir, with respect, your observation is of no relevance to the situation here. Different thing altogether.
    Last edited by Sharpie; 24-03-2013 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Muir, with respect, your observation is of no relevance to the situation here. Different thing altogether.
    If you say so.
    No worries. I fixed it.~Muir

(And hey! Maybe this thread doesn't belong in the Equipment area to begin with??)
    Last edited by Muir; 24-03-2013 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    If you say so.
    No worries. I fixed it.~Muir

(And hey! Maybe this thread doesn't belong in the Equipment area to begin with??)
    Fixed it too

Its a sensitive topic. We don't yet live in a perfect world.

If you are reading The Express, what do you expect? Fecking rag.

The only paper in the UK that gives field sports a fair hearing is the Telegraph.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......