Thread: Any one know how to zero this

Any one know how to zero this

Hi

Attached a photo of an old scope, its the only one i have to fit a very old rifle, make is a Z4x30.5 aus JENA, if anyone could give me some advise on how the top dial operates, i could just experiment, but it is so old i dont want to bugger it up !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	26319

Hi has this scope only got one turret and 26mm tube with a shaped block under it. Woodydog.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydog View Post
    Hi has this scope only got one turret and 26mm tube with a shaped block under it. Woodydog.
    Correct , it had a 14mm mounting rail, has a single turret which moves, and a peice like the top of a wing nut inside, i suppose one is for elevation and one is for windage ?

Also has 3 screws in the turret ?

The one I have only moves elevation and it should have a claw mount for the windage but they are very hard to find. I got in touch with Zeiss and gave them the scope number they e-mailed me a printout of the scope, wich they said was one of the first ones made when they started making scopes. What I did was get a set of one inch adjustable weaver mounts got them bored out to 26mm and fitted a weaver rail to the gun to take the mounts, not cheap but it worked. Atb Woodydog.

This has a rear claw mount with 2 grub screws for windage, so does the main dial just move using the outer knurled edge , or do you use that strange wing nut thing in the middle ?

Hi mine has not got the wing nut thing my best advice would be send an e-mail with the scope number to zeiss as you could damage it if you get it wrong. Sorry I cant be anymore help. Atb Woodydog.