Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Anyone for this Keepers Job in Argyll

  1. #1
    Established Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Central Belt of Gods Own Country
    Posts
    157
    View my Gallery (3)View my Gallery (3)

    Anyone for this Keepers Job in Argyll

    Last edited by Alanskirk; 25-03-2013 at 01:25.

  2. #2
    It may be OK, but it just shows how things have changed in the time I was in the job, what they are applying for is one man to do three jobs, gamekeeping done properly is a full time job you don't really have the time to do anything else.

    Knowing a few guys that are in that type of job its usually the keepering side that suffers , one of the chaps I know in that type of job only does any keepering from when his pouts arrive at the end of July until the end of the shooting season, and even then is expected to do all the other stuff in between feeding his birds ,the rest of the year he is too busy "with the other work" that he has no time to do anything on the keepering side.

    That may be a pretty extreme case, but by their nature these jobs are not ideal, but as there are now more keepers than there are jobs they should not have a problem filling it.

  3. #3
    Just had a look through the job/person description,.................... PHEEEEW!!!!!!!!, don't reckon much on the quality of the bird shoot after all that.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    It may be OK, but it just shows how things have changed in the time I was in the job, what they are applying for is one man to do three jobs, gamekeeping done properly is a full time job you don't really have the time to do anything else.

    Knowing a few guys that are in that type of job its usually the keepering side that suffers , one of the chaps I know in that type of job only does any keepering from when his pouts arrive at the end of July until the end of the shooting season, and even then is expected to do all the other stuff in between feeding his birds ,the rest of the year he is too busy "with the other work" that he has no time to do anything on the keepering side.

    That may be a pretty extreme case, but by their nature these jobs are not ideal, but as there are now more keepers than there are jobs they should not have a problem filling it.
    i emailed ththem and asked for the application form and full job descriptions and this is why I didn't apply mate I don't mind graft but to do all the jobs they want you to do and keeper you'd need to be a superhero

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakies View Post
    i emailed ththem and asked for the application form and full job descriptions and this is why I didn't apply mate I don't mind graft but to do all the jobs they want you to do and keeper you'd need to be a superhero
    Me too, The missus nearly dropped the roasties when I read it out to her.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  6. #6
    Like many "keepering" positions today it is expected that as soon as the season is over you turn into a gardener/odd job man/ farm labourer etc: as there is nothing for a keeper to do once the 2nd Feb comes around! As has already been said the shoot will suffer and then the boss moans. It didn't used to be like that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    Like many "keepering" positions today it is expected that as soon as the season is over you turn into a gardener/odd job man/ farm labourer etc: as there is nothing for a keeper to do once the 2nd Feb comes around! As has already been said the shoot will suffer and then the boss moans. It didn't used to be like that.
    Even so the job vacancy will have many hundreds of applicants and the employer the pic of the bunch ,good luck who ever gets it !
    Regards
    ​norma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •