Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more shooting in the Netherlands?

No more shooting in the Netherlands?

Today 3 left wing political parties did a proposal to end all shooting in the Netherlands. They will very probably be backed by the Political Party for the Animals (yes we have one of those...) and the right wing party of Wilders.
    They want a ban on all hunting and shooting apart from animals that do (major) damages to crops. So wild boar and geese are only permitted on a special licence. But pheasant, rabbit, duck, hare, pigeon etc.. will be protected if this proposal gets into law. Its looking very grim right now, i myself think this might very well be coming through.

That is a real bummer what will you do ? move I suppose .
    sad news .
    regards
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    Today 3 left wing political parties did a proposal to end all shooting in the Netherlands. They will very probably be backed by the Political Party for the Animals (yes we have one of those...) and the right wing party of Wilders.
    They want a ban on all hunting and shooting apart from animals that do (major) damages to crops. So wild boar and geese are only permitted on a special licence. But pheasant, rabbit, duck, hare, pigeon etc.. will be protected if this proposal gets into law. Its looking very grim right now, i myself think this might very well be coming through.
    thin end of the wedge??? ...... Stand by everyone!

Didn't they ban Goose shooting in the Netherlands and then have to reinstate it because of crop damage.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

H&H
    ​Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the Netherlands where there carry out gassing for goose control.

Cheers. Matt.

Did they not ban the releasing of Pheasants some years ago in the Netherlands, I do know that in Belgium at least in the Flemish speaking part they may only release 1 pheasant per hectare ,shooting of woodcock has been banned, and lamping has been banned for some considerable time.

All the above despite Belgium having a large shooting community and a very active hunting association HVV

Quote Originally Posted by Holland&Holland View Post
    does this include target shooting as well? a sad sad day !

by the way , do the marches still take place in nijmegan ? i did them a couple of times in my youth and have fond memorys of the place?

Scary mate probably the future for us all I guess they will leave them to die of starvation and old age like in the Hoge Veluwe

Not at all clued up on benolux politics but I will guess this is all a direct result of Proportional Representation and minority coalition goverments.

Whatever the reasons a terrible situation for sportsmen in Holland.

Make me realise how lucky we are in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    Not at all clued up on benolux politics but I will guess this is all a direct result of Proportional Representation and minority coalition goverments.

Whatever the reasons a terrible situation for sportsmen in Holland.

Make me realise how lucky we are in this country.
    Nothing to do with the electoral system. In the UK, we had foxhunting banned for example through pretty much a single party. It works because they think, rightly or wrongly, that there are votes in it. The specific political processes are neither here nor there. It's just a very small, very densely populated and highly urbanised country, as is Belgium.