243AI loads for 100grn Nosler Partition bullets

dogfox1

Hi,

Does anyone have any loads for the 243AI using 100 grn Nosler Partition bullets.

Not looking for hot loads, need to keep the velocity down, hence the need too go up in weight and move away from the current 85 grn Interbonds which are going too fast and doing too much damage. Close range woodland stalking,

Got H4350, Varget and VIT 165 in the cupboard.

G

Many thanks for that link, I could only find loads for boat-tail bullets and not not sure in the relationship between them and flat base bullets in terms of the powder charge.

G

Many thanks for that link, I could only find loads for boat-tail bullets and not not sure in the relationship between them and flat base bullets in terms of the powder charge. G

I'm not aware of any difference between jacketed flat base and jacketed boat tail bullets. In all instances I would just be using these loads as references to recipes that worked for someone else in their rifle. I would typically also look at a reloading manual and start at 3-4 grains below an Internet listed load. One suggestion made to me was to start below the top end of std 243 Win data and work up. Another suggestion was to use 6mm Remington data as a starting point. Of the powders you list, I might start with N165. Looking at the Hornady manual, RL-19, RL-22 and N160 would also be options that are available to us. Looking at the Berger manual, H4831SC jumps out as another option. H4350 is possible, but the Berger manual lists it with a lower Approx Fill Ratio.

Regards JCS

Last edited:
Many thanks JCS for the info,

Im sure looking through the reloading manuals I saw different charge weights between flat and boat-tail bullets using bullets of the same weight on other cartridges.

Back