Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on Kelso

Smile Some thoughts on Kelso

I'm just back tonight from a grand weekend at Kelso -- well done the organisers - - first class. Anyway as far as we SD members are concerned , the highlight for me was catching up with a few pals for a bit of a "chinwag" . Problem as I see it is that there were plenty more I didn't recognise as members.
    Maybe our illustrious leaders could sell us name tags ( for another worthwhile cause) or badges or somesuch so that we can at least nod "hello" to one another as we wander round. perhaps we should have a meet-up at 1pm for instance or better still lets have a dinner in some local hostelry on the Sat night where we could regale one another with unbelievable and far fetched stalking tales over a wee dram or three.

Please let me know your thoughts

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Yes its odd when you think about it, i see a forum name on here and i probably know who your on about, know where hes from and any pertinent points such as AW,pro, troll etc.. put me in a room full of other blokes wearing green jackets and i havent got a clue!

I also enjoyed the day and thought it was really well organised for a first time out. I have a couple of points which i was discussing with 375mag on the way home, which are by no means criticisms but general thoughts on the setup.

It seems like there were some great talks and demos in the side hall, it would have been better if there was a tannoy 10 minutes before a certain talk was to start informing everyone of what was happening or instead of that, give everyone a brochure or itinerary. It was also baltic in there meaning people maybe didnt hang around in there for as long as they would in the warmer main hall.

Again, not criticisms as it really was a good show. parking was brill, very quick to get in and out, considering the amount of folk, the food queue moved quickly and food was good, stands laid out well etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JRoe View Post
    I'm just back tonight from a grand weekend at Kelso -- well done the organisers - - first class. Anyway as far as we SD members are concerned , the highlight for me was catching up with a few pals for a bit of a "chinwag" . Problem as I see it is that there were plenty more I didn't recognise as members.
    Maybe our illustrious leaders could sell us name tags ( for another worthwhile cause) or badges or somesuch so that we can at least nod "hello" to one another as we wander round. perhaps we should have a meet-up at 1pm for instance or better still lets have a dinner in some local hostelry on the Sat night where we could regale one another with unbelievable and far fetched stalking tales over a wee dram or three.

Please let me know your thoughts

JR
    I thought the exact same thing . . .There are loads of SD members that I would have loved to have had a chat with but didnt know who they were !!!

Next year I will attend the SD stand . . Complete the butchery demo . . . listen to Rudi's talk and spend less time hunting for a set of quick release mounts !!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    Yes its odd when you think about it, i see a forum name on here and i probably know who your on about, know where hes from and any pertinent points such as AW,pro, troll etc.. put me in a room full of other blokes wearing green jackets and i havent got a clue!

I also enjoyed the day and thought it was really well organised for a first time out. I have a couple of points which i was discussing with 375mag on the way home, which are by no means criticisms but general thoughts on the setup.

It seems like there were some great talks and demos in the side hall, it would have been better if there was a tannoy 10 minutes before a certain talk was to start informing everyone of what was happening or instead of that, give everyone a brochure or itinerary. It was also baltic in there meaning people maybe didnt hang around in there for as long as they would in the warmer main hall.

Again, not criticisms as it really was a good show. parking was brill, very quick to get in and out, considering the amount of folk, the food queue moved quickly and food was good, stands laid out well etc etc.
    You wouldn't of heard the tannoy anyway from inside the 30k Mobile cool box.
    ​Have you ordered one?

I agree.

I`m on THL and it really is a good crack meeting others off the forum, There are a few on here I`d have liked to meet and have a chat with

Thought the show was great. Didn't get to meet any sd members.
    It would be good to meet up at the bar or at a pub afterwards for a chat.
    The show was really well set up. A bit of everything.
    I will be back again next year
    ​alan

Fairly sure many moons ago over on the Airguns BBS site they had name badges made with usernames.

Might be an idea if there was room for a little fund raising alongside.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Limulus was the guy selling quad sticks
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan413 View Post
    Thought the show was great. Didn't get to meet any sd members.
    It would be good to meet up at the bar or at a pub afterwards for a chat.
    How did you manage not to? We had our own stand with more often than not several SD members there at any given time!!

Must apologise for the heating the rear hall on the first day. I was told one heater would be enough but the supplier did not realise it was a single skin roof. hence it did not retain the heat. We ordered an extra heater for the Sunday though and it was nice and warm!

There was a tannoy system and it was used to announce what was going on on both days. I asked some folk I knew after a broadcast if they had heard it clearly and they said they hadn't even realised it had gone off, yet I heard it fine. I reckon that when you are deep in conversation or haggling for a bargain you tend not to switch on to the message.

We will make sure that these issues are addressed next year so keep letting us know what you thought.

Already have a few more good ideas on making it bigger and better!