Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argocats

Argocats

I was wondering if anybody knows of or can recommend anybody who sells argocats, not too bothered about brand new, just in good working order but would ideally like to PX a quad plus cash.

Try Richard Walsh, he's the Argo man:
    http://<a href="http://www.argocat.c...index.html</a>

They come up on Ebay quite regularly too.

Re: Argocats

Quote Originally Posted by Lee 308
    I was wondering if anybody knows of or can recommend anybody who sells argocats, not too bothered about brand new, just in good working order but would ideally like to PX a quad plus cash.
    There is one in my garden, it does not belong to me, but I can ask the owner if he wants to sell it if you wish.

All the best

Tahr

Whereabouts are you Thar?

Dumfries and Galloway, it is on a new purpose built trailer.

I rang the guy today but got no answer, I am away now until the weekend but will ring him again.

ATB

Tahr

Just be very aware of the ***** you get on ebay. A set of chains and bearings for an eight wheeler is approx 800. Best to go with a dealer that way you have comeback. Check wheel bearings, drive chains etc before you buy.

Ads

I had an argo for deerstalking purposes,ran one for 3 seasons, in the right environment it was extremely useful.
    I would not reccomend an argo for anything other than open hill recovery.
    When you get the argo stuck its well and truly stuck, especially when it weighs 500kgs.
    Constant greasing of bearings and chains, constant tensioning of chains,the engine unless its one of the new argo's is utter crap.
    The quad will go far more places that an argo will guaranteed!
    I honestly thought that the argo we had would be far more effective on soft ground than a quad, not so.
    Keep the quad and buy a hill trailer to go with it.
    I can recover a stags that weigh 150-200kgs with the quad in half the time that I could with the argo..
    The only advantage that the argo had was in multiple recoveries and tired stalkers.
    Any argo less than 5000 is one to be wary of!

regards
    griff

Griff.
    Di you ever put floats on the one you used on Arran?
    Or did it eventually stop raining?
    Alan

Alan,
    3hp suzuki outboard, paddles as back up, flotation suits,marine radio and an anchor!

I'll have you know "it never rains on Arran"!!

regards
    griff

Griff your right it never rains. The spots you see are just midgeeeeees.
    Just a couple of million.
    Great place though, had some good times on the west side a few years ago.
    Paul