Thread: Monday 1st April

Monday 1st April

So how many of us will be up early on Monday morning braving the bitterly cold temperatures that are forecast in an attempt to grass the first Roe Buck of the season ?

That's my plan, although with all the snow I'm not sure what state the ground will be in, or even if I'll be able to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by procee View Post
    That's my plan, although with all the snow I'm not sure what state the ground will be in, or even if I'll be able to get to it.
    +1 on that. Roads in the Peak district are in a right mess and they say there's more to come.

yes, have a cull spiker or two I need to catch up with before the bracken gets too high.

not expecting to see any clean of velvet yet.

Saw a young buck limping this morning whilst I was waiting for a fox (which never showed) so that could be on the menu Monday morning.

I will still be at university, so will have to wait till the 6th before i can get out.

got a guest out, no shooting for me!

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    Saw a young buck limping this morning whilst I was waiting for a fox (which never showed) so that could be on the menu Monday morning.

loads of limping bucks around my way, always seem to be something wrong with them that requires the trigger to get pulled

the thought crossed my mind but a: I could not see all the animal, b: no back stop.