Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .17hmr what a (cracking)round!

.17hmr what a (cracking)round!

Kinda worrying! All but one from the same batch 9 out of 80 shots fired, the bottom one there was a delay of about a second between the primer fireing and the bang, just got my cheek off the stock before it rattled off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

That's a bit worrying... Is it down to shitty ammo, faulty brass?

A dealer friend has just had a customer with an HMR case failure. The failure blew the mag out of the Anchutz that he was using as this is the escaping gas route on the Anchutz action......Remington 17gn ammunition is the suspect.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I left that club when I got rid of it Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I left that club when I got rid of it Ed.
    Hehe.. I had to read that twice..

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    A dealer friend has just had a customer with an HMR case failure. The failure blew the mag out of the Anchutz that he was using as this is the escaping gas route on the Anchutz action......Remington 17gn ammunition is the suspect.
    That's interesting because I did notice black powdery burn marks on the bullet tip of the next round in the mag, all mine but one were 17gn hornaday !

this is why i'm now the proud owner of a hornet.no louder and i make the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    this is why i'm now the proud owner of a hornet.no louder and i make the ammo.
    Yep might do the same or a .223

Ive only ever had one hang-fire so far. Pulled the trigger, heard the pin strike then the round went off a split second later. it is un-nerving