Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of address process

Change of address process

Having recently moved (but still in West Sussex), had my new FEO round last week to check safe, fill out paper work etc. He then took both my FAC and SGC as they needed to be reissued with an up-to-date address. Not a problem, however, he then said that it could take up to 12 weeks before i got them back! Pointed out that fairly soon would need to purchase ammo, to which he put 'urgent' on top of the paper work.

Is the above process correct for change of address on certificate? For all i know it could be back on the door mat tomorrow, but, currently without my certificates.

When i needed my changing i took the fac to the police station where the FAO is based then they changed there and then. Took them 3 attempts mind as they kept missings rifles off lol!!

Is the above process correct for change of address on certificate?

No

http://www.basc.org.uk/download.cfm/...D1CB397B2303B2

Interesting reading and definitely a contrast to what i was told by FEO.

Will call the office and ask when they intend to process the forms and get the certificates back to me. With a bit of luck they will be doing it shortly (next few days) and there will not be a need to take it any further.

Quote Originally Posted by joelewis055 View Post
    Having recently moved (but still in West Sussex), had my new FEO round last week to check safe, fill out paper work etc. He then took both my FAC and SGC as they needed to be reissued with an up-to-date address. Not a problem, however, he then said that it could take up to 12 weeks before i got them back! Pointed out that fairly soon would need to purchase ammo, to which he put 'urgent' on top of the paper work.

Is the above process correct for change of address on certificate? For all i know it could be back on the door mat tomorrow, but, currently without my certificates.
    I recently moved house and went through the procedure.
    He came at the appointed time and checked cabinets and guns against my certs.Then He checked house security and had a chat with my wife and fussed the dogs. He then left taking my certs with him.A few minutes later He rang the house to speak to my wife and confirmed she was who I said she was,never heard of that before.
    My new certs arrived on the door mat on the monday morning.
    Well done Northumbria

He should have left you with your old certificates or given you temporary ones until your new ones arrived

I moved to North Yorkshire and could not have had a better service.

Wrote to West Mercia to tell them that i was moving to North Yorks and my new address. When i was in and sorted i called North Yorks to tell them that I was there and that i would like a s.1 shotgun whilst my certificate was in with them. Sent the cheque and a letter, a few weeks later my new certificate landed in the box with the addition and a letter asking to post my old one back.

Excellent service. Not seen a police officer since i have been here!

I'll be doing it next week, I'm hoping I can hang on to my certs until the new one's arrive.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I've changed address 4 months ago, certificate hand delivered by my FEO when he came to check cabinets and took no more then two weeks. can't complaint really.

Quote Originally Posted by Serky View Post
    I've changed address 4 months ago, certificate hand delivered by my FEO when he came to check cabinets and took no more then two weeks. can't complaint really.
    Serky, you are not the first person whom has spoken highly of Kent firearms processing/admin. Amazes me that counties as close as Kent and Sussex have such differing ways of doing things!