Thread: importing from Germany

importing from Germany

Does anyone have any experience with importing a rifle from Germany?

A friend of mine is having problems: it seems that the German authorities want a UK import licence before issuing an export permit, and it is unclear what they mean by this. Is an FAC or and RFD certificate adequate?

A few more details: the friend owns the rifle, and it is second hand. He does not currently have his FAC but is in the process of applying. A local RFD has kindly agreed to take it in and hold it until he has his FAC, and they say there shouldn't be any problems with this.

All advice very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with importing a rifle from Germany?

A friend of mine is having problems: it seems that the German authorities want a UK import licence before issuing an export permit, and it is unclear what they mean by this. Is an FAC or and RFD certificate adequate?

A few more details: the friend owns the rifle, and it is second hand. He does not currently have his FAC but is in the process of applying. A local RFD has kindly agreed to take it in and hold it until he has his FAC, and they say there shouldn't be any problems with this.

All advice very much appreciated.
    A lot of information on E-gun. I imported a gun last year from Germany, I paid for a company to do all the paperwork, which in escence was insure it and book it in and get all the local documentation done IN GERMANY. All my RFD needed to do was provide a copy of his passport and RFD certificate, that is his authority to possess. All the paperwork must accompany it at all times when it is sent but nothing at all to do this end.