Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is best for warmth and value

what is best for warmth and value

As it is still cold i am thinking of investing in proper cold weather gear.my boss and mates have all got rusky bibs and coats and there is no doult they are perfect for high seat work.how ever i was looking at all in one by swedteam.has anyone used or got the swedteam all in one.i am only toying with this as the write up sounds good and similar to the ruskys and is a more affordable price.any thoughts or comments would be helpful cheers rob

"what is best for warmth and value " - fat girls

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    "what is best for warmth and value " - fat girls
    like jeeps, fun to ride, but don't let your friends see!

Quote Originally Posted by rob keeper View Post
    any thoughts or comments would be helpful cheers rob
    An acronym for dressing in cold weather... COLD

Clean, keeping your kit clean, especially the outer layers allows it to perform the way it was designed.
    Overlapping, tuck your long johns in your socks, your base layer into your long johns etc as you layer up.
    Layers, lots of thin layers are much better than a couple of thick ones.
    Dry, speaks for itself, the longer you keep the kit dry, the longer it keeps you warm.

I bought a Swedteam all in one about a month ago for high seat foxing, I just happened to see it advertised in Shooting time from one of the main shooting shops, it was on offer for 120 (half price), but only in size xxl, I was worried about the size as it is an all in one and I am 6'3", but it is fine, it is very warm, wind proof and water proof, though I noticed the legs have a full zip which I can't see being water tight(hav'nt been out in proper rain yet) a couple of thing could be better, higher collar, bigger pockets, nothing major though, have been out two to three nights a week in this weather and it really is good, hope this helps, cheers

thanks for all the advice but rusky bibs and jacket ordered

layers is the key i think

Quote Originally Posted by rob keeper View Post
    thanks for all the advice but rusky bibs and jacket ordered
    i ordered the bi and am pretty impressed with it so far

Quote Originally Posted by AviatingJoe View Post
    An acronym for dressing in cold weather... COLD

Clean, keeping your kit clean, especially the outer layers allows it to perform the way it was designed.
    Overlapping, tuck your long johns in your socks, your base layer into your long johns etc as you layer up.
    Layers, lots of thin layers are much better than a couple of thick ones.
    Dry, speaks for itself, the longer you keep the kit dry, the longer it keeps you warm.
    ​Dont forget to leave yourself extra time to find your old fella when you need a leak, with everything tucked in.....!