Re loading 25-06

Rich h

Hi all

i am just starting to get some gear together to start reloading for the first time, I have a sako 85 which groups well with the sako game head 117 grain bullets. Can any one recommend me some heads and power to try which would be similar to the game heads, or generally work well in 25-06

regards rich

Hi all

i am just starting to get some gear together to start reloading for the first time, I have a sako 85 which groups well with the sako game head 117 grain bullets. Can any one recommend me some heads and power to try which would be similar to the game heads, or generally work well in 25-06

regards rich

Both 4831 powder is good for 25-06 and 117grn is a good go to weight choice. Ive got good results with H4831 and 117grn hornady btsp's. Just remeber as you will probably know each rifle has different likes and dis-likes.

Nutty

Rich
i use vihtavoria 160 with a 117 or 120. Very accurate but as nutty said all riles are different. But mess about with a few loads you will get there.
​Andrew

I use 117 gr sciera gamekings with 46.5gr of h4350 inch group @ 200yrds and hornady 75gr v max with 49.7 gr of varget inch group @ 200yrds in a sako 75 finnlight

I used to use 100g BT's but the meat damage was immense!
I now use 115grain Combined Technology heads with 50 grains of IMR 4350. I get fantastic results with these out of a Sako 75 on everything from small Muntjac to large lowland reds. I believe I have now found my perfect all-round calibre and reload which groups about 1/2" at 100m. IMR 4831 also worked well for me.
MS

I use two loads, Sierra 100gn Prohunter, 53gns x H4350, Rem 9 1/2 primer, OAL 3.155" MV 3310fps

Nosler 110gn Accubond, 53gns x IMR4831, Fed.215Gold Match primer, OAL 3.400" MV 3120fps

Both produce 1/4" MOA at 100yds from my Blaser K95. ATB :cool:

In my 1st 25-06 I used Vectan tu7000 tp push 115grn noslers I got alot of damage with that load so I switched to speer 120grn soft points which were a little better. Iwas using imr4007ssc and 110grn accu bonds in my savage. Unfortunately getting that load just right was costing a fortune so I switched to the load I mentioned earlier in this thread. I believe the 25-06 is a truely phenominal calibre for UK deer. Its breaking my heart selling mine but needs must. Ill never have 2 full bore rifles in the house again as I cant justify having 1 hardly being used.

Nutty

Thanks for all your replies guys, looks like that there is no common type used, i think it's just going to be trial and error
i thought if one type of bullet and power were common it would save me a lot of money trying different ones

I've had very good luck with both IMR4350 and IMR4831 using the Nosler 115 BT and the Hornady 117 SST . Also years ago had a Remington Sendero Stainless Fluted that loved the Sierra 87 grain varmint bullet and I believe IMR4350 .

Well, on hol in states at the moment so I am trying to grab as much as I can ( or can put past the wife ) as its so much cheaper and more choice

I used to use 100g BT's but the meat damage was immense! I now use 115grain Combined Technology heads with 50 grains of IMR 4350. I get fantastic results with these out of a Sako 75 on everything from small Muntjac to large lowland reds. I believe I have now found my perfect all-round calibre and reload which groups about 1/2" at 100m. IMR 4831 also worked well for me. MS

That really surprises me MS. I run a 75. I have used 100gr Nosler BT's for years both in Federal factory ammo and hand loads with Reloader 19. I have never had significant meat damage.

That really surprises me MS. I run a 75. I have used 100gr Nosler BT's for years both in Federal factory ammo and hand loads with Reloader 19. I have never had significant meat damage.
What's your load data on your 100 grn with reloader 19. I'm picking a 75 up in 25-06 this week and might be able to get a head start with your data. Cheers

What's your load data on your 100 grn with reloader 19. I'm picking a 75 up in 25-06 this week and might be able to get a head start with your data. Cheers

Federal large rifle primers, start at 50gr and work up steadily watching out for pressure signs.

Back