Thread: Shot Sporting Clays today

Shot Sporting Clays today

Made it out to Central Virginia Sporting Clays today with a couple friends from our local gun club !

The numbskull with the camera and of course I was shooting also !

They have a wobble trap under this big deck contraption and also a big berm out abot 50 yards that throws a incoming at you !
    This was kinda neat as they have it set up like a Trap 16 yard layout with the trap beneath you . Think I'm gonna need to go back down there and shoot a couple hundred birds on that thing !

This is a little Mitsubishi motorcab truck like they use in the Philippines . These things are not legal for use on the road in Virginia but they make an excellent utility truck for a Sporting range , the little thing is 4x4 and cheaper then a Kawasaki Mule !

We failed to keep score so I dunno who was high gun . I would say the three of us were pretty close score wise as we all had a bright times as well as dark times

Oh yes one of my friends used a Aya 12 gauge sidelock SxS , my other friend used a circa 1953 Winchester Model 12 12 gauge with a Polychoke on the end and I used my old boxlock Westley Richards 12 gauge .

What causes that shadow. Wouldn't be the sun would it? Not seen it for a while and it is snow and cold this side of he pond. Nice setup, jim

Its great fun shooting sporting, glad your enjoying it too. Good pics as well and a Westley Richards is a nice gun to be using.

Quote Originally Posted by owdnorthener View Post
    Its great fun shooting sporting, glad your enjoying it too. Good pics as well and a Westley Richards is a nice gun to be using.
    If you'da told me 25 years ago that Sporting was fun when I competed at American skeet and trap I'da had some choice words for reply !

Now I like to shoot sporting 2 or 3 times a year .