3 good reasons to stay in bed!!!!!

Monkey Spanker

Monkey's top tip for tomorrow morning!;)

1. Cold North Easterly wind!
2. Full Moon
3. Hard frost!

Any one of the above can ruin a morning out, but all 3 as we have tomorrow.....
Stay in bed!
MS:D

Three to get up for .....
1. Lab bitch in season .... The dogs are whinging since 4.30 am
2 .the chickens are clucking like mad now it's light and want out of the coop
3. I've got call bird magpie to put out .

Last go at the fallow tonight ! to look forward to .
​norma

Surely a hard frost is a good reason to get up not stay in your pit, the deer are more likely to be feeding/moving.

Surely a hard frost is a good reason to get up not stay in your pit, the deer are more likely to be feeding/moving.

They will only come out later in the morning if at all as they don't like to eat anything frozen!
I also think that the full moon helps them to cut about quicker the night before and get a belly full before it all freezes up. They are then safely tucked up in some nice thick cover just as us mugs turn up and wonder where they have all gone! There will be the odd exception to the rule, especially with the larger species, but after numerous 'blanks' on mornings such as this, it's not just coincidence!;)
MS

They will only come out later in the morning if at all as they don't like to eat anything frozen!
I also think that the full moon helps them to cut about quicker the night before and get a belly full before it all freezes up. They are then safely tucked up in some nice thick cover just as us mugs turn up and wonder where they have all gone! There will be the odd exception to the rule, especially with the larger species, but after numerous 'blanks' on mornings such as this, it's not just coincidence!;)
MS

Yes as you say there will be exceptions to what you say. But in areas that the sun dont get to till it gets a bit more height and forestry blocks you are spot on. Thats why I love my Roe stalking.. They are sociable deer.

Nutty

MS

That makes sense I was starting to think it was me, out this morning bit of frost on the ground sun slowly coming through but nothing moving at all.

I'v generally found that if is too warm they get enough to feed and simply go to bed early, normally see much more movement on a good cold morning.
Any how who wants to lie in bed, if I'm awake I simply have to get up. I can't abide lying in bed.

Last edited:
My only three reasons to remain in bed are...

1 - no stalking happening
2 - raining
3 - karma sutra

Back